R-2014D(R-2001D) Low Generator Output?

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

jistabout

R-2014D(R-2001D) Low Generator Output?

Post by jistabout »

Hi everyone!

I did a forum search for this before posting, no luck. My recently acquired Motorola R-2014D service monitor has low output in generator mode. Max output is -17 dbm or thereabouts according to the screen readout. Should be more like +13 to + 15 dbm I think.

Since I don't yet have any manuals, Thought I'd ask here. Thoughts apprecieted, and thank you in advance.

- Darrell/KA7BTV
Aww screw it. I didn't wanna fool with it anymore anyhow.
DJP126
What radios do you own?: What's a radio?

Re: R-2014D(R-2001D) Low Generator Output?

Post by DJP126 »

Sounds like you are using the RF I/O port. Pull on the variable RF control and it will switch you to the antenna port which gives you a max of +13 dBm. The RF I/O port is 30 dBm lower.
Dave
jistabout

Post by jistabout »

Dave, you were right on the nose. Thank you! Not sure I understand why it was done that way though.....
Aww screw it. I didn't wanna fool with it anymore anyhow.
yo3ira
New User

Post by yo3ira »

Open the A17 input-output rf, you have a divider 300-Ohm , 1-Ohm , 300-Ohm And Mixer imput Check (most of the time the mixer blow) he he .If you need schematics mail me to yo3ira@gmail.com.
I have servis manual complet and user manual , if you live in europe can repair and calibrate in Bucharest. anyway is very easy to fix this problems.
Regards
yo3ira Radu
Sory from my bad english..................

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”