R2200 Service Manual or schematic

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

cferree
New User

R2200 Service Manual or schematic

Post by cferree »

Does anyone know where I can obtain a service manual or at least a schematic for an R2200 Service Monitor?

Mine has low output on the Hi Gen function. It just sits at -8 dbm at the Antenna connector and the vernier has no effect. Every thing seems normal in the GEN postition from the regular RF in and out connector.
DJP126
What radios do you own?: What's a radio?

Re: R2200 Service Manual or schematic

Post by DJP126 »

Did you check the 1/8th amp fuse behind the antenna port (the BNC connector unscrews from the front panel)?
Dave
Paul Nelson
New User

Post by Paul Nelson »

Check with "vintagemanuals.com", he seems to have everything.
radio_05

Post by radio_05 »

I bought my manual from Ridge Equipment, I paid less than anywhere else.

It seems you may also have a failed relay, your fault will likely come from the wideband board. With the bottom cover off, there is a silver colored casting which houses the wattmeter and wideband board modules. The second casting cover from the front of the instrument shields the wideband board.

With the next cover off, the wideband board is removed when all screws are freed, including the four screws on the two I/O SMB connectors, which are connected through pins to the casting. There is no desoldering needed for removal.

Before doing any circuit board removal, you should do appropriate signal tracing to find the fault.

I have spent lots of time on the wideband board, and can repair it here if you are able to ship it properly.
Emi_guy
New User

Post by Emi_guy »

Does anyone have a photo and some dimensions for this RF fuse in the bnc jack? Mine came without it, and I would like to use the rf output....
jry

Post by jry »

Check the Repeater Builders site the manual is there under the motorola test equipment.

The fuse should be a standard 1/16 amp ...same as the R2600. Search the board since I think the part generic number has been posted. Also check the manual t make sure that value is correct.

You cold also use a 4 ~6 ohm 1/4 W resistor temporarily ...that's what the IFR 1200 has in its's front end.

The fuse or resistor needs to be .48" long and the ends trimmed to a point in the center <-----LLLLLLL----->

. •···. ·.•· 3k,Evenc\\'tth a correct number the 1/16A fuse tea(ts must be cut to
an exact 'lenath and the tios
shaped a certain way or the fuse cannot be installed into the connector. Use the instructions shown
here:

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”