IFR 1900CSA problem

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

RJF19
New User
What radios do you own?: Icom 7600, 7000, 756 PROII

IFR 1900CSA problem

Post by RJF19 »

I have an IFR 1900CSa that has developed a problem. When turned on the unit may or may not get through boot up to a menu screen. Most times it gets through the second beep set then continualy resets. Sometimes it gets to the menu screen and witnin a few minutes, during operation, it simply resets but never comes out of the loop until turned off. Once this happens, it will continue to happen at every attempt to statr up until it has sat for a day or so but even then, not always. Any ideas?
Bob Fehn W3RJF
WB6DGN

Re: IFR 1900CSA problem

Post by WB6DGN »

Move your question to Aeroflex (IFR) Questions by Wowbagger a little further down this same page. He should be able to help you.
Tom
Wowbagger
Aeroflex

Post by Wowbagger »

If it's getting to the second beep, that means the main CPU is up.

I'd try opening it, reseating all the boards on the left side of the unit as you look at the front (all the digital boards) - if the board is in a block of metal leave it alone! (don't mess with the RF boards).

Failing that, remove the CPU (the second board back IIRC), and press firmly but gently on the CPU (sometimes they can work loose) and the EPROMS.
This is my opinion, not Aeroflex's.

I WILL NOT give you proprietary information. I make too much money to jeopardize my job.

I AM NOT the Service department: You want official info, manuals, service info, parts, calibration, etc., contact Aeroflex directly, please.
RJF19
New User
What radios do you own?: Icom 7600, 7000, 756 PROII

Post by RJF19 »

Wowbagger wrote:If it's getting to the second beep, that means the main CPU is up.

I'd try opening it, reseating all the boards on the left side of the unit as you look at the front (all the digital boards) - if the board is in a block of metal leave it alone! (don't mess with the RF boards).

Failing that, remove the CPU (the second board back IIRC), and press firmly but gently on the CPU (sometimes they can work loose) and the EPROMS.
Ok, I'll give it a try. It sounds reasonable since it seems to be affected by tempertature as well. It's been good to me for years and I simply don't have the volume of work to justify a new unit...
Bob Fehn W3RJF
ve2jfq
New User

Post by ve2jfq »

explanation of this product I have repaired every day. I'll give you some basic stuff.First, it takes the voltage to
turn on 1900. He needs three voltage, 5 volt, 15 volt, and -15 volts. and the 12 volts for
display. go to the 2nd LO will see a FL1, FL2 = 15v , and fl3= -15 volt. and see if you have
5 volt on fl4 orange wire on power term. or you can check the voltage on one of the orange wire
exiting the power supply.if 5 volt is missing. it will only have 1 or 2 beeps. and the unit will make a loop.if you have the three voltages. power cpu
is open. It takes an extension board. for see if you have the proper voltages.

I hope you have the manual.

if you have further questions: janat@videotron.ca
voila.

Jack
n8obu
What radios do you own?: more than i can list

Post by n8obu »

my ifr 1900 failed to boot today so i checked the voltages and the 5 volt rail was down to 4.67 volts i touched it up and it did boot up OK after that . is there a print of the power supply so i can order new caps and replace them i would like to only take it apart once i work 70 plus hours a week and dount get much radio time as is . also the display inverts from time to time is there a common ribbon i can check the monitor out works fine . that is what i use most of the time ,, thanks mike n8obu

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”