HP 8920 Display Change

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Big BOB

HP 8920 Display Change

Post by Big BOB »

I got a new display for one of my HP 8920's. I took a look inside and can't determine where it is attached. Has anyone replaced a display in their 8920? Do you have to remove the faceplate? I was hoping you could just lift the display assembly out, but it doesn't look that easy.

Thanks
Big BOB
WB6DGN

Re: HP 8920 Display Change

Post by WB6DGN »

I'm pretty sure there's an assembly level repair manual on the Agilent website. I know there's one for the 8924C but it seems to me that I saw one for the 8920 as well though I'll be that they're just about the same. Check out the site. I'm on the wrong computer or I'd post the website URL. Should be easy to find, though.
Tom
RJF19
New User
What radios do you own?: Icom 7600, 7000, 756 PROII

Post by RJF19 »

The URL below lists all manuals for the 8920 series and, yes, there is an ALR manual there in PDF.

http://www.home.agilent.com/agilent/tec ... ts.Manuals
Bob Fehn W3RJF
Big BOB

Post by Big BOB »

Thanks, thats what I needed.

Big BOB

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”