R2001A CRT Help Please

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

nm4v

R2001A CRT Help Please

Post by nm4v »

I know it is old but it is mine. My R2001A crt has played out no display. Everything else appears to still be working. I still have high voltage but nothing on the screen. What options are there to get this fine unit back in shape or should I part it out for parts and boards?
nm4v

Re: R2001A CRT Help Please

Post by nm4v »

No output on the unit for another monitor. Using the unit on the bench to do some part time repairs doesn't justify spending a bunch for a new one. Additional info:
1 The CRT is not totally out, it is just dim. With the intensity all the way up it is semi-usable.
2 I found that the large cap in the Low voltage supply is open will need to replace it with a suitable cap, might have a bit to do with the problem.
VE3TUH
What radios do you own?: more than I should...

Post by VE3TUH »

Isnt that a common and well known problem with that service monitor? I also have one, my display is still usable so I am ok for now, but my question is, was there ever a source BESIDES Motorola to replace that crt for a reasonable amount?

Randy
DJP126
What radios do you own?: What's a radio?

Post by DJP126 »

VE3TUH wrote:Isnt that a common and well known problem with that service monitor? I also have one, my display is still usable so I am ok for now, but my question is, was there ever a source BESIDES Motorola to replace that crt for a reasonable amount?

Randy

The CRT in the R2000 series was built by Telefunkin in Germany and to the best of my knowledge, Motorola was the only supplier. I agree that it is an expensive part, however, when I was working at the Test Equipment Depot, the price charged was the actual COST of the tube. Motorola didn't make a penny of profit on that particular CRT. You might find another supplier, but it will cost more.
Dave
Andy Corbin

Post by Andy Corbin »

nm4v wrote:I know it is old but it is mine. My R2001A crt has played out no display. Everything else appears to still be working. I still have high voltage but nothing on the screen. What options are there to get this fine unit back in shape or should I part it out for parts and boards?
Seems I have seen some of these on Ebay from time to time. Perhaps keep an open search there and it might prove beneficial.

Andy

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”