IFR 1100S

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

IFRMAN
New User

IFR 1100S

Post by IFRMAN »

Hi
I would like to hear some comments about the 1100s monitor, pro's and con. I have just purchased one and now I'm looking for information. It has a spectrum analyzer, does it have the tracking generator? looks like I have a lot to learn before I can put it to use.
Charlie
Andy Corbin

Re: IFR 1100S

Post by Andy Corbin »

IFRMAN wrote:Hi
I would like to hear some comments about the 1100s monitor, pro's and con. I have just purchased one and now I'm looking for information. It has a spectrum analyzer, does it have the tracking generator? looks like I have a lot to learn before I can put it to use.
Charlie
I have never seen an 1100S with a tracking generator but that's not to say it could not have been an option on some units. The tracking generator is an option on the 1200S and is standard on the 1200 Super S and as far as I know is standard on the 1500, 1600 and 1900. Mr. Wowbagger can probably tell you about the Com120 series and the tracking generator option.

I have a 1500 on my bench.

Check http://www.repeater-builder.com/aerofle ... ndex.htmln
There is a wealth of information there.

Andy
Wowbagger
Aeroflex

Post by Wowbagger »

TG was optional on the first 120's, then later it was standard. It's a soft option, so if you have a 120 without it, you can buy it (NO, I will NOT enable it for you.)

The 1100 is pretty old (as in, way before my time) and I don't think it had a tracker.
This is my opinion, not Aeroflex's.

I WILL NOT give you proprietary information. I make too much money to jeopardize my job.

I AM NOT the Service department: You want official info, manuals, service info, parts, calibration, etc., contact Aeroflex directly, please.
lc4600
New User

Post by lc4600 »

There was no TG for 1100S
Wowbagger
Aeroflex

Post by Wowbagger »

lc4600 wrote:There was no TG for 1100S
Carl would know - he works here (one of the lead engineering techs) and dates from that time.

Put it like this: I have a 4 digit employee number. Carl has a 2 digit ID.
This is my opinion, not Aeroflex's.

I WILL NOT give you proprietary information. I make too much money to jeopardize my job.

I AM NOT the Service department: You want official info, manuals, service info, parts, calibration, etc., contact Aeroflex directly, please.

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”