"CANNOT AQUIRE BUSY LINE ERROR" R06.08.00

Release notes for new versions of programming software and firmware, for any product, should be posted here, as well as topics discussing issues and bugs with and FSB's/SRN's for particular releases.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

spidertat2man
New User

"CANNOT AQUIRE BUSY LINE ERROR" R06.08.00

Post by spidertat2man »

I wondering if anyone can give me an idea what I am doing wrong. Here is my set up: Motorola RLN4008B with 12V External Power Supply and Internal 9V Battery installed, RKN4035A Test Cable, Motorola 3080369B72 RIB to Computer Cable, MTSX RSS R06.08.00 Software installed on an Intel Pentium 4 Computer running Windows 98 2nd Edition. I boot the computer up in DOS, Load the MTSX software and go to PC Configuration. I have set an archive file, I have tried COM 1 and COM 2 port setting and when I do the communication test I get:
Warning: Communication With Radio Failed
>CANNOT ACQUIRE BUSY LINE ERROR<
Retry Last Command Again.
F2 OK
I have tried different radios and still get the same error message. Is my computer too fast? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
MTS2000des
What radios do you own?: XTS2500, XTS5000, and MTS2000

Re: "CANNOT AQUIRE BUSY LINE ERROR" R06.08.00

Post by MTS2000des »

spidertat2man wrote:I wondering if anyone can give me an idea what I am doing wrong. Here is my set up: Motorola RLN4008B with 12V External Power Supply and Internal 9V Battery installed, RKN4035A Test Cable, Motorola 3080369B72 RIB to Computer Cable, MTSX RSS R06.08.00 Software installed on an Intel Pentium 4 Computer running Windows 98 2nd Edition. I boot the computer up in DOS, Load the MTSX software and go to PC Configuration. I have set an archive file, I have tried COM 1 and COM 2 port setting and when I do the communication test I get:
Warning: Communication With Radio Failed
>CANNOT ACQUIRE BUSY LINE ERROR<
Retry Last Command Again.
F2 OK
I have tried different radios and still get the same error message. Is my computer too fast? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Got to bootdisk.com and get a real MS-DOS 6.22 bootdisk, select "Command Prompt Only" so that no drivers or anything else are loaded by pressing F8 during startup.

If this does not do it, you may have to find a slower computer- many newer computers have a UART that does not play nice with the older radios.
The views here are my own and do not represent those of anyone else or the company, the boss, his wife, his dog or distant relatives.
K4RUR

Re: "CANNOT AQUIRE BUSY LINE ERROR" R06.08.00

Post by K4RUR »

I agree with MTS2000des, try the boot to command prompt only first. I hate to say it, but i think the Pentium 4 is going to be too fast. If I remember correctly, the fastest I've ever run that RSS on was a Pentium 2. Look and see if you can find an old laptop with a Pentium 2 in it, they should be cheap if you can find one. Hamfest, flea market, ebay, etc. Good luck!

Lowry K4RUR
"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have. The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Software & Firmware Releases & Issues”