XPR6500 Firmware Downgrade

Release notes for new versions of programming software and firmware, for any product, should be posted here, as well as topics discussing issues and bugs with and FSB's/SRN's for particular releases.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

sebafire3
New User

XPR6500 Firmware Downgrade

Post by sebafire3 »

How can I make a Firmware Downgrade on MOTOTRBO's radios like XPR/DGP/DP?, and Where can I get older versions of Firmwares?
escomm
Queue Moderator

Re: XPR6500 Firmware Downgrade

Post by escomm »

Not easily. Why do you want to downgrade?
sebafire3
New User

Post by sebafire3 »

escomm wrote:Not easily. Why do you want to downgrade?
Im looking for a special Signalling Tone like "MDC600" or "ATIS"
KG4INW
What radios do you own?: Not enough apparently!

Post by KG4INW »

Neither one of those signaling protocols are available on any TRBO radio.
sebafire3
New User

Post by sebafire3 »

KG4INW wrote:Neither one of those signaling protocols are available on any TRBO radio.
I had that signalling tone but with the old firmware, when i upgrade the firmware the tone was changed by another like this: http://www.w2sjw.com/sounds/MDC1200%20Preamble.mp3
KG4INW
What radios do you own?: Not enough apparently!

Post by KG4INW »

Not really sure what happened exactly in your case but Motorola hasn't made a radio capable of MDC-600 in years. However, they'll do MDC-1200 just fine. Is that what you're using? They also haven't ever had ATIS in them either.
sebafire3
New User

Post by sebafire3 »

KG4INW wrote:Not really sure what happened exactly in your case but Motorola hasn't made a radio capable of MDC-600 in years. However, they'll do MDC-1200 just fine. Is that what you're using? They also haven't ever had ATIS in them either.
I'm using MDC-1200 but i can't find the anwer for this problem, however i've found this video where apparently the radio is a MOTOTRBO with the noise that I'm looking for.
I think that is the old version of firmware, so someone can tell me how to make the "Downgrade"? or where can I find the old firmwares?

the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cu_x5ivUkH8

Return to “Software & Firmware Releases & Issues”