Part Numbers for MOL and Firmware update

Release notes for new versions of programming software and firmware, for any product, should be posted here, as well as topics discussing issues and bugs with and FSB's/SRN's for particular releases.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

OCSD117
was RPDM313
What radios do you own?: XTL2500, APX3000, APX7000

Part Numbers for MOL and Firmware update

Post by OCSD117 »

All,

I have a factory cable for both my XTS2500 and XTL2500. I am looking to update the firmware and possibly do flash updates on my radio. I need the specific part numbers for the items i need to do this. I have update CPS for both and Factory Cables. What else do I need? I searched around but was unable to find the answers and MOL isnt very helpful unless you have PN's

Thanks,

Mike
Carlwood Lipton: [real life interview with Lipton where he recites a quote from William Shakespeare] From this day to the ending of the world we in it shall be remembered. We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.
RFguy

Re: Part Numbers for MOL and Firmware update

Post by RFguy »

Those are factory order refreshes. The part# depends on the current radio feature set. They would need to be ordered through a system dealer.
spectragod
What radios do you own?: FPP 6 meter XTL 5K's

Post by spectragod »

Flash updates for firmware are generally $75.
Kilgore: Smell that? You smell that?
Lance: What?
Kilgore: Napalm, son. Nothing in the world smells like that.
Kilgore: I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

was RPDM313

Post by OCSD117 »

I can download the firmware update but i need more then the cable to do it. what else do I need?
Carlwood Lipton: [real life interview with Lipton where he recites a quote from William Shakespeare] From this day to the ending of the world we in it shall be remembered. We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.
spectragod

Post by spectragod »

OCSD117 wrote:I can download the firmware update but i need more then the cable to do it. what else do I need?
The latest revision of cps, and a flash dongle from Motorola.
Kilgore: I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

was RPDM313

Post by OCSD117 »

Ok I have the latest cps any idea what the pn of the flash dongle is? So I can get it from MOL
RFguy

Post by RFguy »

You can't order from MOL. It must go through a system dealer.
OCSD117
was RPDM313

Post by OCSD117 »

What exactly is a system dealer?
spectragod

Post by spectragod »

OCSD117 wrote:What exactly is a system dealer?
Your local Motorola dealer.

Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

The process is called Above Price Book and they're $86 per charge on the dongle now.
C17LVFD

Post by C17LVFD »

Just FYI- Motorola discontinued all xts/xtl flash upgrades 12-31-16...
Seth

Return to “Software & Firmware Releases & Issues”