XTS5000 FW upgrade issue! Need old FW

Release notes for new versions of programming software and firmware, for any product, should be posted here, as well as topics discussing issues and bugs with and FSB's/SRN's for particular releases.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Rod Farva
What radios do you own?: Way too many!!

XTS5000 FW upgrade issue! Need old FW

Post by Rod Farva »

I am running into an issue I have never ran into before, I have 2 XTS5000s running some really old firmware R02.20.02 & R02.20.00 DSP. When I try to update the FW to R20.xx.xx I get an error "unable to create instance of Encaten Component" i assume this is because of the really old fw and that I will need to step up the FW. If this is the case does anyone have really old FW by chance like R04.xx.xx or something? I am NOT ansking for CPS or anything that you have to be licensed for so I should not be violating the rules. Any help is appreciated!
I DON'T WANT A LARGE FARVA I WANT A GOD*&^*& LITER OF COLA!
d119

Re: XTS5000 FW upgrade issue! Need old FW

Post by d119 »

I came across this some time back and had to uninstall and reinstall the CPS to get rid of the problem.
spectragod
What radios do you own?: FPP 6 meter XTL 5K's

Re: XTS5000 FW upgrade issue! Need old FW

Post by spectragod »

I have saved all the updates, on a thumb drive somewhere, I can bump and align them for you.
Kilgore: Smell that? You smell that?
Lance: What?
Kilgore: Napalm, son. Nothing in the world smells like that.
Kilgore: I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

Return to “Software & Firmware Releases & Issues”