Sel Call on an XPR7550e

Moderator: Queue Moderator

n4ogl
What radios do you own?: APX7K, XPR7550e

Sel Call on an XPR7550e

Post by n4ogl »

Greetings - I need some help from the 'wizened professionals' here.

We've got fire season out here in California, and I wanted to monitor the L.A. County Fire Dispatch Channel (Blue-8, if anyone cares) to hear any potential tone-outs for the Battalion nearest my home (and therefore early warning of any fires in the area). I see that the XPR will accept Sel Call (or QCII) programming.

After entering all the obvious things, I can get the radio to issue a short tone once it receives the tones for the nearby Battalion, but I can seem to get it to unmute to pass the voice audio that usually follows the tone-out (like a Minitor used to do).

So - my question is (for those wizened professionals that have gotten it to work): what settings do I need to get the radio to unmute and pass audio, and then how do I set up the reset (Manual, or something else)? I don't fully understand what all the various options are in the signalling programming, hence my question.

Thanks.
Mark
Back home, again, in California.
n1gtl
What radios do you own?: XPR5550, XPR7550e

Re: Sel Call on an XPR7550e

Post by n1gtl »

Look at your channel profile. Below the signaling system box on the RX side you will see another drop-down box that says SIGNALING SQUELCH and another box with "UNMUTE RULE.

That is where you need to set it up. How it goes depends on if the PL is stripped when the page is sent. Toy with those settings.

To reset, you just need to hit the PTT button.

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (3xxx/5xxx/7xxx/SL) 2.0 Series Subscribers”