xpr5350 mobile audio question

Moderator: Queue Moderator

johnny1225

xpr5350 mobile audio question

Post by johnny1225 »

I have set up 6 XPR5350 mobile radios for a recording system at one of our local airports. Basically i have 1 mobile for every channel that will be recorded. I have used pin 9 and 10 which is the spker+ and spker- to be hooked to the recording system. My question is the system works but the volume has to be up about half way for it to record. Is there anyway i can mute the front speaker so the audio does not come blasting out of the mobile? Or should i be using pin 14 which is rx audio and ground would hat make a difference? I am just trying to mute the audio coming from the front of the mobile with the audio only going through the back to the recording equipment......

Thanks

John
tuckerm

Re: xpr5350 mobile audio question

Post by tuckerm »

Pin 14 is the only answer for this. Volume can be turned off on the radio and you'll have nice, clear, crisp filtered audio.
Schrodinger's Radio: It is simultaneously too loud and too quiet, but you will never know which until someone transmits.

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (3xxx/5xxx/7xxx/SL) 2.0 Series Subscribers”