XPR5550e mobile

Moderator: Queue Moderator

johnny1225

XPR5550e mobile

Post by johnny1225 »

I Just put a nice digital system in at a large manufactuing plant. They are running SLR8000 UHF Repeater 100 watt with XPR3500 digital radios UHF. They have 1 base in there security office which is a XPR5550e. The problem is that the mobile only seems to transmit voice intermittingly. Some times it will work and sometimes it wont. Is there anything in the programming that may be causing this?? I have tried the desk mic and also the palm mic and both do the same thing it opens the receivers of the radios but no voice, depress the button and try again and it will work. Does anyone have any suggestions??

John
jackhackett

Re: XPR5550e mobile

Post by jackhackett »

What is the output power of the control station (base), what does it have for an antenna, and how close to the repeater is it located? You may be de-sensing the repeater if you have too much signal from the control station.
Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

If it is set for full power into a nearby antenna, it may be RF getting back into the mic circuit muting the audio somehow. To verify this, program a portable to the reverse split, and listen to the transmit audio.
johnny1225

Post by johnny1225 »

Thats what i thought it was so i programmed the mobile to low power and the antenna for the base is on the roof not inside the room. The repeater is a long way away. They are in the front of the building and the repeater is in bay 6 which is not even attached to the building where the mobile base is??? Bill when you say program a radio reverse split you mean program it just like the repeater is??? Thanks for your help
jsilberberg

Post by jsilberberg »

You don't really give much info here -- Is this just a repeated configuration, IP Site Connect or Capacity Plus ?

What's the admit criteria ? Do you have Emergency or Man Down active / activated when they try to transmit, or some other data application.

If it's in Cap Plus mode, check that the repeaters / slot assignments are in the right order.

If it's a single repeater you might look at it with GenFit from Genesis or RDAC while you are having the issue.

===============
J. Silberberg
CompuDesigns, Inc.
Atlanta, GA.
Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

johnny1225 wrote:Thats what i thought it was so i programmed the mobile to low power and the antenna for the base is on the roof not inside the room. The repeater is a long way away. They are in the front of the building and the repeater is in bay 6 which is not even attached to the building where the mobile base is??? Bill when you say program a radio reverse split you mean program it just like the repeater is??? Thanks for your help
Johnny -

Yes. Program a portable to the repeater input so you can listen to the base. I verified with our Trbo experts that the portable should be able to sync to the base so you can hear it.
n1gtl
What radios do you own?: XPR5550, XPR7550e

Post by n1gtl »

To make sure I am reading this right, you are saying that the XPR3000 series portables work but the XPR5550e does not?

Assuming a stand alone conventional digital system (Not IPSC, CP, LCP as Jeff mentioned), did you check the antenna and feed line to make sure your SWR isn't through the roof? You need to check it on a conventional channel or put it into test mode and dial up the closest frequency to the frequency your system is on.

This is assuming an awful lot though. You have to make sure your talk group ID's match between the "channels" and you have to make sure that NOTHING on the system has the same subscriber ID as any other subscriber. If they do, those radios may not hear each other.

The system you describe is about as basic as it gets and shouldn't be too hard to troubleshoot. If the 3000 series subscribers were not getting in, I would start at the repeater with RDAC to make sure interference is not too powerful to prevent subscribers from accessing the repeater. Last week, I checked a system with RDAC where the noise floor was -94. A good number should be around -125.

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (3xxx/5xxx/7xxx/SL) 2.0 Series Subscribers”