XPR 7550 with bluetooth

Moderator: Queue Moderator

gnwatton
New User
What radios do you own?: XTS5k,2500, XPR6550

XPR 7550 with bluetooth

Post by gnwatton »

My agency uses a VHF MOTOTRBO system. All of our current portables are XPR 6550 models, but we need to purchase two new ones for a new application, so it will be the 7550e. My supervisor wants to be able to use some kind of Bluetooth earpiece with them and wants it to be compact and somewhat inconspicuous (think cell phone Bluetooth). He has some pretty specific requirements for the style in terms of comfort.

So my questions are:
-Can any (or relatively any) Bluetooth headset designed for cell phone use be used?
If so:
-How does PTT work in this situation?
-Does the built in Bluetooth work or is an adapter needed for the XPR7550e

If not:
-What options do we have? He does not want to do something with wiring involved, even just a short bit between the pod and earpiece.

Thanks for the help!
sjxts3000
No Longer Registered

Re: XPR 7550 with bluetooth

Post by sjxts3000 »

You can use most all PAN/COTS (consumer over the shelf) Bluetooth headsets with it. The PTT is on the radio, audio in and out are on the earpiece
Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

As sj explained, most bluetooth earpieces should work. Your chief should try before he buys.

The guys that programmed the radios need to have the bluetooth options accessible in the radio settings to begin the pairing. He might want to check that first.

Take the spkr mic off, and use the PTT on the radio to talk.
gnwatton
New User
What radios do you own?: XTS5k,2500, XPR6550

Post by gnwatton »

Okay excellent. Is there an option for a remote PTT of any kind?

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (3xxx/5xxx/7xxx/SL) 2.0 Series Subscribers”