XPR 5550 Feature Question - multiple user tones?

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Pyrojim
New User

XPR 5550 Feature Question - multiple user tones?

Post by Pyrojim »

Will the XPR 5550 store multiple user tones?

I'd like to use this for contract firefighting where we use several repeaters that are on the same transmit/receive frequency but have different input PL tones.

I'd like to create a list of my 16 PL tones used, and be able to select which tone I am using via the front panel.

Is it possible with this radio?
TreyH

Re: XPR 5550 Feature Question - multiple user tones?

Post by TreyH »

I don't believe the 5550 has any type of FPP option but you could simply program separate channels for each PL tone.
Pyrojim
New User

Post by Pyrojim »

Correct, that's how I do it on the Spectra, but it has become unworkable. I've got 30+ repeaters that each have up to 16 tones each, so it's no longer practical. Currently we're using Bendix King portables (and some BK Mobiles) and Kenwood mobiles that all have this ability.

I was just hoping that Motorola had finally decided to catch up.
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

Multiple PL is a Public Safety TechnologyTM
jackhackett

Post by jackhackett »

You could make a zone for each repeater with 16 channels in each zone with the different PLs. Programming 500 channels would be a pain, but you'd only have to do it once and you could add one channel with the repeater frequency to a zone and then copy and paste it to fill out the other 15 channels with the same freq, that way you'd only have to enter the PL on each one... that would save a little time.
com501
What radios do you own?: Over 50 - All Motorola

Post by com501 »

As Escomm has alluded to, the Mototrbo radios are not public safety. The Multi-PL feature only exists on certain model on the public safety line, XTS, XTL and APX for starters.

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (3xxx/5xxx/7xxx/SL) 2.0 Series Subscribers”