Linked Capacity Plus

Moderator: Queue Moderator

johnny1225

Linked Capacity Plus

Post by johnny1225 »

This is my very first Linked Capacity Plus system that i am installing at (2) Hospitals that are side by side but very large. They are running Capacity plus right now with XPR8400 Repeaters and XPR3500 radios. I know how to set up the repeaters and radios with linked cap plus that is not the problem. My question is Motorola recommended the HP MSR 2003 routers and HP2530-24 Switchs. This is where i run into trouble. the hospital has run us two ethernet drops both static IPS. Can someone walk me thru the router and switch setup or does anybody have any documentation that you could send me???

best regards,

John
wavetar
Administrator

Re: Linked Capacity Plus

Post by wavetar »

Assuming you have later firmware, greater than 2.1, then in reality most routers should work, as special "hairpinning" routers aren't required. Really, your best bet is to configure and connect your LCP system repeaters and routers following the LCP configuration guidelines in the System Planner. Then test the configuration as per the "LCP router test procedure" you can download from MOL. Both the System Planner and the test procedure can be found on MOL under Resource Center-->Product Information-->Systems-->MotoTRBO-->Conventional Operation.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
johnny1225

Re: Linked Capacity Plus

Post by johnny1225 »

Thanks you Wavetar

Return to “MotoTRBO Repeaters, Trunking, and Site Infrastructure”