cap plus single site

Moderator: Queue Moderator

johnny1225

cap plus single site

Post by johnny1225 »

I have a system with a XPR8400 UHF Repeater. Capacity Plus single site with XPR6550 and XPR3500 radios. This system was put in about 3 years ago. System is simple 50/50 splitter with antenna on roof and antenna in basement. System worked very well but now the radios are intermitting flashing out of range sometimes. I have checked the repeater and systems to be find but i put a loaner repeater in and it seems it is doing the same thing. Would this look like a antenna problem?

John
Bill_G

Re: cap plus single site

Post by Bill_G »

An Anritsu or equivalent would tell you if it's an antenna problem. Could be cochannel interference. Listen to the channel in analog while another radio reports out of range.
RFguy

Post by RFguy »

We program all digital repeaters with a second channel in analog mode, same frequencies.

Using channel steering on the rear connector, change to the analog channel and do a site noise/TX de-sens check. Check forward/reflected power at the repeater output and after the duplexer/multicoupling.

This may help you get a baseline on the system performance.
FatBoy

Post by FatBoy »

Antenna system or co-channel interference on TX or RX freqs. I have had more than my fair share of in-building antenna/cables get damaged. Especially in a power divided install, if any part of the antenna system is compromised; then the whole antenna system goes off the rails. I would measure power into and out of each port on the divider and at each antenna. You can use a standard analog watt meter on the repeater output......FB
......I understand what the package says sir, but you cannot talk 28 miles with 3 AA batteries.......

Return to “MotoTRBO Repeaters, Trunking, and Site Infrastructure”