XTS5000 QCII programming

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Moneyrola
New User

XTS5000 QCII programming

Post by Moneyrola »

I'm having trouble programming my XTS5000 to alert for Quick Call II tones.

I have the tones correct in my Minitor VI, but they don't seem to work in my XTS5000

It has version 20 firmware but I'm just not getting the pager function correct.
I'm a little baffled at the difference between a QCII list and QCII system if anyone can help me out, I'd sure appreciate it.
x1sspic
What radios do you own?: AstroSpectra XTS3K XTS5K APX7K

Re: XTS5000 QCII programming

Post by x1sspic »

I have had the same problem with my XTS5000. After I programmed it up, I successfully trip it using quick call sent from an HT1250. However, the exact same set of tones put out by the dispatcher console (which trips the HT1250) will not trip the XTS5000. I suspect the tone quality from the console (through a repeater) is degraded, and the XTS5000 is less forgiving than the 1250.

The quick call list is the list of quick call tones that you program to be able to send/call on a properly programmed convention (if you have a display model, you would select "call" in the menu,then scroll through the list to select, and then PTT to send the tones).

The quick call system is where you program your tones and tone format (A-B/A-D etc.) that you want to receive alerts for. Make sure you program the convention with that system under that convention's signaling tab.
motorola_otaku

Re: XTS5000 QCII programming

Post by motorola_otaku »

Tone deviation and error is absolutely critical in Astro25 and APX radios. Since they use DSP they have almost no tolerance for tone deviation being out of spec or tone frequency error. Without looking at it on a service monitor you'll never tell since the difference can be nearly imperceptible.

BTDT with a legacy Zetron system that would alert everything except XTS and APX radios. After switching to MCC7500 consoles and new, properly aligned control stations they magically started decoding and alerting. Come to find out the Zetron was shooting out too-hot tones.

Return to “ASTRO Series (Astro Saber, Spectra, XTS3000/3500) Subscribers”