No flashcode on label?

Moderator: Queue Moderator

kf4sqb
What radios do you own?: I can't enter that much....

No flashcode on label?

Post by kf4sqb »

There is currently an Astro Spectra listed on Ebay, that has no flashcode on the radio's label. The model number does indicate it to be an Astro. Is there anywhere else on the radio's case that the flashcode might be located? If not, is there a "test mode" in the Astros that I could possible get the seller to walk it through that would give the flashcode? I don't want to purchase a radio, then find that the flashcode in it won't do what I need it to do. The auction is located HERE. Thanks!
kf4sqb "at" wetsnet "dot" com

Look for the new "Jedi" series portables!

Bat-Phone= BAT-CAVE (2283)

-.- .. ....- -.-. -.-- . .. ... -- -.-- -... .-. --- - .... . .-. .-.-.-
d119

Re: No flashcode on label?

Post by d119 »

Powering up the radio and pressing the HOME key on the control head five times should enter test mode. This being a 1MEG radio, it is probably new enough that the test mode will cycle through the radio information display and show the flashcode. Other than that, there is no way to find out what it is short of reading the radio.

Interesting the flashcode didn't make it onto the tag. Almost looks like there might've been a factory error in the printing alignment of the label. It happens.
kf4sqb
What radios do you own?: I can't enter that much....

Post by kf4sqb »

Will it actually say that it is the flashcode, or will it just show a string of numbers? If just the numbers, will it be in the normal "configuration", or will it have to scroll? I don't have any experience with the Astro lines, only the older conventional Spectras, and need to know what to tell the seller to look for. Thanks for your help!
kf4sqb "at" wetsnet "dot" com

Look for the new "Jedi" series portables!

Bat-Phone= BAT-CAVE (2283)

-.- .. ....- -.-. -.-- . .. ... -- -.-- -... .-. --- - .... . .-. .-.-.-
d119

Post by d119 »

Just have them copy down all the output from the test mode, and post it here. The rest of us will figure it out for you.
RADIOMAN2002
What radios do you own?: More than I can count

Post by RADIOMAN2002 »

If the radio doesn't have it labeled on the outside by the serial number chances are the radio is analog only or VSLEP. Based on the serial number that is a very old (1995) built radio which unless the radio was upgraded is more than likely analog.

Getting the info from the test mode will give you the best information, and you will also probably have to replace the caps. Any flash code that starts with a 1 or 5 is P-25 and all other options can be put in.

Return to “ASTRO Series (Astro Saber, Spectra, XTS3000/3500) Subscribers”