Astro Saber/XTS3K FW updates

Moderator: Queue Moderator

N4DES
was KS4VT
What radios do you own?: APX,XTS2500,XTL2500,XTL1500

Astro Saber/XTS3K FW updates

Post by N4DES »

It has been a while since I have done a FW update on the subject radios and I'm having an issue with the CPS seeing the refresh dongle. I can read/write to the radios with no issues (32 bit Win7 with multiple serial ports) via a SmartRib but when I go to read the USB refresh dongle that is plugged in the CPS doesn't see it and won't unwrap the key during the FW update process.

The dongle is good and can be seen with Astro25 CPS on the same desktop.

Thanks!
Mark
jry

Re: Astro Saber/XTS3K FW updates

Post by jry »

the Ibutton IC changed so you may have the newer version ibutton that works with the P25 and APX CPS but was not supported on the Astro CPS. ( even 5.03 )

This issue also can happen on the ASK I button as well ...it's where i usually run into this.

At least we can go back to the old version I button on the ASK since we can generate those.

You may be out of luck on new factory Astro refreash keys though. doubt they will do an old version refresh.
d119

Post by d119 »

I've had this issue as well. It has something to do with high performance USB ports as far as I can tell. I've had to use older PC's with older USB ports to get this to work.
N4DES
was KS4VT

Post by N4DES »

OK I have access to some older PC's (XP Toughbooks) so I'll see if I can get it to see in on one of these. This is not a newer PC (refurb Tiger Direct desktop) that works all the way down to MTS, at least reading & writing via CPS, so I was confused as to why it doesn't see the ibutton.

I never thought about the model of the ibutton. I have had these for a quite a while and have others so I'll have to tear them apart and look at the model #'s to see what they are.

Appreciate the insight and will follow up after I figure it out.
Mark
N4DES
was KS4VT

Post by N4DES »

It ended being a computer capability issue. I moved to an older laptop and it saw the original dongle in CPS and the radios updated just fine.

Return to “ASTRO Series (Astro Saber, Spectra, XTS3000/3500) Subscribers”