Older SVA and astro saber?

Moderator: Queue Moderator

MT

Older SVA and astro saber?

Post by MT »

Hi :-)

Have anyone ever got an astro saber working with an older SVA? (the old style saber Vehicle adapter)

Had some spare time on my hands and this old SVA that otherwise would go in the thrash, so I thought,
why not just modify the damn thing, but been scratching my head ever since :D

Any ideas?

Seems that the Astro enables external Ant, mic and SP differently
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Re: Older SVA and astro saber?

Post by FireCpt809 »

The older saber SVA does not have the pin on the accessory connector to activate the antenna switch to change the RF to go out to the external antenna like an ASTRO AVA. You won't have the benefit of an external antenna but the charger and audio will still work.
MT

Post by MT »

Thanks for the input :-) I thought it might have something to do with the switch. What is that exactly connected to?
Been looking at how the astro saber gets its option select to route mic, sp, and antenna to external.

On the classic saber its with different voltages
On the opsel pin, but not sure with the astro. Only
Hint is looking at the PSM designed for the astro.
That must do about the same as the sva/ava

When putting the astro in the classic sva, the controls
On the sva doesnt respond and no leds light up in the volume row. So nothing is telling the astro to hand over the controls? (Busy line and data line? )

Well as mentioned, this is just for the fun of it and it will never be used for operational use :D
motorola_otaku

Post by motorola_otaku »

Not trying to knock firecpt809, but no, a SVA is not forward-compatible win an Astro Saber. The AVA is backwards compatible with Sabers and System Sabers, provided a notch is added to the accessory connector for the RF switch pin to fall into.

On a side note, my AVA/HHCH page information has been superseded by much more well researched info from the "other site."

Return to “ASTRO Series (Astro Saber, Spectra, XTS3000/3500) Subscribers”