i think i got a xts2500rb model

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ninfreak
New User

i think i got a xts2500rb model

Post by ninfreak »

I believe I got a XTS2500RB but I do not know. The reason why I say this is because I cannot add any 700 MHz conventional or control channels. Is there a way to tell and if it is is there a way to fix this or am I out of luck
NHfirefighter

Re: i think i got a xts2500rb model

Post by NHfirefighter »

You can check the model number of the radio and the feature set. Both are found under the radio information section in the CPS. The RB model numbers are -

H66UCC9PW2AN
H46UCH9PW2AN

I'm pretty sure if you do have one you can get it flash upgraded (for a free) at a local Motorola shop.
N4DES
was KS4VT
What radios do you own?: APX,XTS2500,XTL2500,XTL1500

Post by N4DES »

NHfirefighter wrote: I'm pretty sure if you do have one you can get it flash upgraded (for a free) at a local Motorola shop.
If he is not the original owner I highly doubt that it will be a free flash as the reflash dongle is very unique as not only does it modify the flashcode, it also changes the model # of the radio.
Motorola struck a special deal with Sprint/NEXTEL for these radios and you can bet that they aren't going to allow a local shop to just modify it at no cost. If he is able to kudo's to him for getting it done.

I did a bunch of these in my office for our Emergency Mgt. division. It wasn't easy or cheap to get my hands on the right dongle, but I was able to accomplish it for about a dozen or so portables and a number of XTL2500's.

The flashcode is a good way to tell also. The typical fc is 0010080024100 that we had on all of our reband portables.

I remember seeing this that has a lot of good information http://communications.support/threads/2 ... 0RB-radios .
NHfirefighter

Post by NHfirefighter »

Yes sorry that was supposed to say a fee not free... Apparently the auto correct feature thought it knew better than me what I was typing. I'm sure it will be quite expensive to upgrade.
MTS2000des
What radios do you own?: XTS2500, XTS5000, and MTS2000

Post by MTS2000des »

all the rebanded 2500s I have seen also have the letters "RB" on the model number label usually in a black circle in the lower right corner of the tag.

I have seen many of them pop up on the used market, many NOS unprogrammed with original R7 HOST.

Rebanding sure pumped alot of money into Schaumburg.
The views here are my own and do not represent those of anyone else or the company, the boss, his wife, his dog or distant relatives.
N4DES
was KS4VT
What radios do you own?: APX,XTS2500,XTL2500,XTL1500

Post by N4DES »

NHfirefighter wrote:Yes sorry that was supposed to say a fee not free... Apparently the auto correct feature thought it knew better than me what I was typing. I'm sure it will be quite expensive to upgrade.
If I remember correctly it was around $400 per flash and a basic IMBE 3600/9600 flash and we supplied the labor, but being the free RB radio replaced an 8 year old analog LTS2000 it was $$ well spent for our EM staff. But for an individual that might be too pricey or difficult to obtain.

Return to “ASTRO25 Series (XTS/XTL 1500/2500/5000) Subscribers”