Users may not create topics, posts, or private messages containing or relating to the following material (especially pertaining to Motorola copyrighted software, unless you want Motorola to come along and shut this site down):

  • Listing for sale or trade of, or links to sites offering for sale or trade of, or giving away, Radio
    Service Software (RSS) or Customer Programming Software (CPS)
  • Profanity, pornography, defamation, or slanderous remarks directed towards any individual or entity
  • Commercial advertising (except in the Batboard Vendors forum, as approved by the Admin/Mod Staff)
  • Any other items which may be deemed as offensive

If any topics, posts, or private messages containing or relating to the aforementioned material are brought to the attention of the Admin/Mod Staff, they will be deleted.

Additional FAQ items appear here in Forum Rules. Please review them for posting guidelines and further clarification.

How to find the original serial number (XTS5000)

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ccsd157
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:01 pm
What radios do you own?: XTS5000 800/900 mhz

How to find the original serial number (XTS5000)

Postby ccsd157 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:34 pm

I purchased an XTS5000 online and it came with a 123abc serial number. I understand the radio maintains its original serial code somewhere on its onboard memory. Can anyone tell me how to extract that info?

Bigfella237
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed May 02, 2012 11:30 am

Re: How to find the original serial number (XTS5000)

Postby Bigfella237 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:35 pm

Whatever shows in CPS (or in Service Mode) is what you get, I've been all through an s-record and there's no mention of previous or original serial numbers anywhere?

Although I guess it's not impossible for some kind of history to be stored elsewhere?

Andrew

User avatar
spectragod
Posts: 1994
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2001 4:00 pm
What radios do you own?: FPP 6 meter XTL 5K's

Re: How to find the original serial number (XTS5000)

Postby spectragod » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:27 am

With the right equipment, you will be able to see what flash has been in it before and if boards were in different band radios.....
Kilgore: Smell that? You smell that?
Lance: What?
Kilgore: Napalm, son. Nothing in the world smells like that.
Kilgore: I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

____________
Revelation 6:8

N4KVE
Posts: 1628
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 10:35 am
What radios do you own?: XTS3000/5000, TRBO, 900MHZ

Re: How to find the original serial number (XTS5000)

Postby N4KVE » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:44 pm

ccsd157 wrote:I purchased an XTS5000 online and it came with a 123abc serial number. I understand the radio maintains its original serial code somewhere on its onboard memory. Can anyone tell me how to extract that info?
These radios with 123ABC never had a serial #. They are ALT radios that were given 5 years of abuse in a few days to see how durable they were. They were supposed to be destroyed, but weren't. When radios are sold, & leave the factory, they are assigned a real serial #. Until then, they all sit at the factory with the 123ABC #. GARY

User avatar
Java
Posts: 140
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:01 pm
What radios do you own?: Astro, XTS, XTL, WARIS

Re: How to find the original serial number (XTS5000)

Postby Java » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:55 pm

N4KVE wrote:
ccsd157 wrote:I purchased an XTS5000 online and it came with a 123abc serial number. I understand the radio maintains its original serial code somewhere on its onboard memory. Can anyone tell me how to extract that info?
These radios with 123ABC never had a serial #. They are ALT radios that were given 5 years of abuse in a few days to see how durable they were. They were supposed to be destroyed, but weren't. When radios are sold, & leave the factory, they are assigned a real serial #. Until then, they all sit at the factory with the 123ABC #. GARY


with the tool floating around it flashes radio with 123ABC1234 so that whole alt story does not always stick.
Java
Image

N4KVE
Posts: 1628
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 10:35 am
What radios do you own?: XTS3000/5000, TRBO, 900MHZ

Re: How to find the original serial number (XTS5000)

Postby N4KVE » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:56 pm

If such a tool existed, wouldn't someone put a legit sounding ser # in the radio to increase it's value? Why put in an ALT radio ser #?

User avatar
MTS2000des
Posts: 3347
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2003 4:59 pm
What radios do you own?: XTS2500, XTS5000, and MTS2000

Re: How to find the original serial number (XTS5000)

Postby MTS2000des » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:12 am

N4KVE wrote:If such a tool existed, wouldn't someone put a legit sounding ser # in the radio to increase it's value? Why put in an ALT radio ser #?


Gary, with the number of morons on Fraudbay selling stolen/hacked radios and the leaked tool, many don't even bother or are too stupid to think about a serial number. I have seen many come across my bench that did not come from overseas and were not ALT radios, insides were spotless, not the garbage that comes from Hong Kong that escaped the crusher.
The views here are my own and do not represent those of anyone else or the company, the boss, his wife, his dog or distant relatives.

N4KVE
Posts: 1628
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 10:35 am
What radios do you own?: XTS3000/5000, TRBO, 900MHZ

Re: How to find the original serial number (XTS5000)

Postby N4KVE » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:23 am

Another reason I like buying radios from you. The thought "I wonder where that radio came from" never enters my mind. GARY


Return to “ASTRO25 Series (XTS/XTL 1500/2500/5000) Subscribers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests