How to find the original serial number (XTS5000)

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ccsd157
What radios do you own?: XTS5000 800/900 mhz

How to find the original serial number (XTS5000)

Post by ccsd157 »

I purchased an XTS5000 online and it came with a 123abc serial number. I understand the radio maintains its original serial code somewhere on its onboard memory. Can anyone tell me how to extract that info?
Bigfella237

Re: How to find the original serial number (XTS5000)

Post by Bigfella237 »

Whatever shows in CPS (or in Service Mode) is what you get, I've been all through an s-record and there's no mention of previous or original serial numbers anywhere?

Although I guess it's not impossible for some kind of history to be stored elsewhere?

Andrew
spectragod
What radios do you own?: FPP 6 meter XTL 5K's

Post by spectragod »

With the right equipment, you will be able to see what flash has been in it before and if boards were in different band radios.....
Kilgore: Smell that? You smell that?
Lance: What?
Kilgore: Napalm, son. Nothing in the world smells like that.
Kilgore: I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

What radios do you own?: APX XTS XTL TRBO 900MHZ

Post by N4KVE »

ccsd157 wrote:I purchased an XTS5000 online and it came with a 123abc serial number. I understand the radio maintains its original serial code somewhere on its onboard memory. Can anyone tell me how to extract that info?
These radios with 123ABC never had a serial #. They are ALT radios that were given 5 years of abuse in a few days to see how durable they were. They were supposed to be destroyed, but weren't. When radios are sold, & leave the factory, they are assigned a real serial #. Until then, they all sit at the factory with the 123ABC #. GARY
Java
What radios do you own?: Astro, XTS, XTL, WARIS

Post by Java »

N4KVE wrote:
ccsd157 wrote:I purchased an XTS5000 online and it came with a 123abc serial number. I understand the radio maintains its original serial code somewhere on its onboard memory. Can anyone tell me how to extract that info?
These radios with 123ABC never had a serial #. They are ALT radios that were given 5 years of abuse in a few days to see how durable they were. They were supposed to be destroyed, but weren't. When radios are sold, & leave the factory, they are assigned a real serial #. Until then, they all sit at the factory with the 123ABC #. GARY
with the tool floating around it flashes radio with 123ABC1234 so that whole alt story does not always stick.
Java
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

If such a tool existed, wouldn't someone put a legit sounding ser # in the radio to increase it's value? Why put in an ALT radio ser #?
MTS2000des
What radios do you own?: XTS2500, XTS5000, and MTS2000

Post by MTS2000des »

N4KVE wrote:If such a tool existed, wouldn't someone put a legit sounding ser # in the radio to increase it's value? Why put in an ALT radio ser #?
Gary, with the number of morons on Fraudbay selling stolen/hacked radios and the leaked tool, many don't even bother or are too stupid to think about a serial number. I have seen many come across my bench that did not come from overseas and were not ALT radios, insides were spotless, not the garbage that comes from Hong Kong that escaped the crusher.
The views here are my own and do not represent those of anyone else or the company, the boss, his wife, his dog or distant relatives.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Another reason I like buying radios from you. The thought "I wonder where that radio came from" never enters my mind. GARY

Return to “ASTRO25 Series (XTS/XTL 1500/2500/5000) Subscribers”