XTL5000 ZONES AND CHANNELS

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Richard Collier

XTL5000 ZONES AND CHANNELS

Post by Richard Collier »

How many zones can you put into a Xtl5000 and how many channels per zone? This being on a say 800 trunked system. Or even analog system, say zone 1 what is the max channels you can do in a zone?
Jim202

Re: XTL5000 ZONES AND CHANNELS

Post by Jim202 »

Richard Collier wrote:How many zones can you put into a Xtl5000 and how many channels per zone? This being on a say 800 trunked system. Or even analog system, say zone 1 what is the max channels you can do in a zone?

There are limitations on the number of channels you can scan in most Motorola radios. You can have more than 15 channels in a zone, but it will only scan 15 or 16 channels depending on how you use it. Depending on the version of the firmware, that will limit the number of max channels you can program into the radio.

An example is I have a VHF XTL5000 that has 50 zones with any place from 10 to 16 channels in each zone.

In the conventional mode, I use to have a fully functional MPL (multi PL) selection up to CPS version 17.01 but after that the multi PL function went to :o and it wouldn't work anymore. Like I use to be able to check multi PL on a channel and would have a fixed PL until I pressed the multi PL button on the control head. Then the fixed PL would drop off and the selection was determined by the mode selection. When the software / firmware went higher, that all went away. Yup you still had multi PL, but the fixed went away. So basically it was useless.

Not a direct answer to your question, but about the best I can do. You also get caught up in the narrow band / wide band problems when you go to the higher versions of the CPS and firmware. Others on here can go into more details and specifics.

Jim
Richard Collier

Thank you for the response. It gives me some idea of what to expect while programming my radio.
Jim202

Post by Jim202 »

Richard Collier wrote:Thank you for the response. It gives me some idea of what to expect while programming my radio.

As a suggestion that I didn't mention, I keep my personality numbers the same number as the zone. This makes it simple to make changes. The same goes with the scan lists. I keep the scan lists the same number as the zone. It may seem like a lot of work and typing, but you can go to the channel or mode that you want to change and everything lines up.

Jim
Richard Collier

Have done that in my XTS5000R 800 radio.

Return to “ASTRO25 Series (XTS/XTL 1500/2500/5000) Subscribers”