APX 7500 Data stream from MAP J2 missing info

Covering the following Subscriber devices: APX1000/1500, APX3000, APX4000/4500, APX6000, APX6000XE, APX6500, APX7000, APX7000XE, APX7000L, APX7500, and APX8000.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

lcackowski
New User

APX 7500 Data stream from MAP J2 missing info

Post by lcackowski »

We are replacing XTL 5000 radios with APX 7500. We record the audio and remotely display the incoming radio channel and ID. We do this via the J2 connector on the rear of the radio.
We use pins 1.2.3.13.14.15 and 21. My concern is pins 2 and 3.
To display the radio ID and channel we decode the SB9600 BUS ASCII data stream on BUS + and Bus - , pins 2 and 3. With hyper terminal we see about 79 characters including the radio and channel ID's. I don't know what the characters mean and don't need to know but the ID's in question are in "English" so to speak so we know they are there. That is with an XTL radio.

Using the APX radio, same pin out, we are only seeing 29 characters, no ID or channel. Audio recording is fine during playback but no display other than a basic indication of R 1 for example instead of 123456 XYZ

In the programming software, nothing stands out nor indicates any steering options for the MAP jack.
Brand new radio and CPS, latest firmware.
We are not using J2 to control the radio in any way, just tapping into the data.

We are not using any control heads for this system, we have the A+, SW B+ and IGN lines jumped to power up the radio. However, when a control head is attached, it DOES indicate radio and channel ID.
There is no other RS 232 device connected to the radio to cause conflict.
The mobiles are set up as receive only. We are using both APX and XTS portables for testing. The XTL functions properly while the APX does not.

What am I missing here? Do I need a different firmware? Am I missing a programming step?

Return to “APX Series Subscribers”