O3 Control Head with siren buttons

Covering the following Subscriber devices: APX1000/1500, APX3000, APX4000/4500, APX6000, APX6000XE, APX6500, APX7000, APX7000XE, APX7000L, APX7500, and APX8000.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

mhodgson

O3 Control Head with siren buttons

Post by mhodgson »

Not sure if my mind is playing games with me but the other day, I swear I saw a Motorola brochure or display of some sort where the O3 control head had the siren function legends on the numeric keypad...much like an O7 control head. Now I cannot find it anywhere and Motorola folks look at me like I have three heads....

For the covert applications, this obviously is a plus....what does anyone know about it?

Thanks in advance.

Mike
KE4ZNR
What radios do you own?: APX 8000XE, APX 6000, APX 7000

Re: O3 Control Head with siren buttons

Post by KE4ZNR »

Hey Mike,

I believe you are looking for this interface box which gives a 6500/7500 with 03 Mic the ability to have access to the siren features:

http://www.motorolasolutions.com/en_us/ ... roductinfo

"
Public safety personnel need to respond the moment a call comes in. The Siren and Lights Interface Module connects new or existing third party light and siren systems to Motorola’s APX7500/APX6500 mobile radios. This solution allows the user to control all in vehicle radio, siren, and light functions from an 03, 07 or 09 APX control head to fit any response scenario."
I believe I picked up some info on it at one of the Top Gun shows in the past. Let me see if I can find the info and scan it in online for you.

Marshall KE4ZNR
jmr061
was KB9KST

Post by jmr061 »

It was rumored a while back they would be adding the siren functions to the HHCH. I would say play with the latest CPS and see if its in there.
mhodgson

Post by mhodgson »

Thanks Marshall, that would be helpful. Whereas I have not yet tried the external interface, I cant seem to figure out what it would not work with the existing Motorola siren since it does work already with O9 and O7 heads....would seem like the O3 would work the same.....

Mike
mhodgson

Post by mhodgson »

JMR, I did open the saved codeplug in the latest (14.01.00) CPS and doesn't seem to make much difference.

Mike
KE4ZNR
What radios do you own?: APX 8000XE, APX 6000, APX 7000

Post by KE4ZNR »

mhodgson wrote:Thanks Marshall, that would be helpful. Whereas I have not yet tried the external interface, I cant seem to figure out what it would not work with the existing Motorola siren since it does work already with O9 and O7 heads....would seem like the O3 would work the same.....

Mike
For the record: I don't think you are crazy so don't let Ed or Robbie convince you that you are wearing tin foil hats :) I too believe I saw a pic somewhere along the way (mockup maybe?) showing siren controls on an 03 mic but I can't find it at the moment amongst all of my other APX documentation. And I agree you would think it would already be a part of the bits & bytes that make up the firmware.
Let me do some more looking around at home and see what I come up with because I have seen something somewhere....
Marshall KE4ZNR
mhodgson

Post by mhodgson »

Marshall, for what its worth, its in ECAT as an option to the standard O3 control head (GA00806) however PID doesn't have a breakdown of the part needed to change the legend. Also they reference some "software configuration" in the radio to support it, however nothing I can find seems to lend itself to that....not to mention if you attempt to order a "SLIM" from Motorola at the moment, its on hold with no resolution....

M
NickH

Post by NickH »

Yes, these sure do exist, I have one in my new Silverado HD. APX7500 V/U with the Motorola relay box, Moto/Whelen siren amp, and O3 control head with siren & light keypad.

Item Number. PMUN4227A - HHCH 03 W/ SIREN

Return to “APX Series Subscribers”