APX adaptive noise suppression / audio engine - user experiences

Covering the following Subscriber devices: APX1000/1500, APX3000, APX4000/4500, APX6000, APX6000XE, APX6500, APX7000, APX7000XE, APX7000L, APX7500, and APX8000.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

adlertom

APX adaptive noise suppression / audio engine - user experiences

Post by adlertom »

I'm looking for user experiences with/opinions about the APX "Adaptive Audio Engine" a.k.a Adaptive Noise Suppression. This is a flashport option (QA09006) on the APX and I'd like to determine if it's a worthwhile feature.

From Motorola literature:

ADAPTIVE AUDIO ENGINE
Adaptive Dual-sided Operation using beam-forming technology so you can talk into either side of the radio.

Adaptive Noise Suppression adjusts the audio algorithm so you can cancel out the noise as it changes in the environment.

Adaptive Speaker Equalization adjusts the 1 watt loud speaker settings based on volume selection so the sound is optimized for talker authenticity at lower volumes and speech intelligibility at higher volumes.

Adaptive Gain Control adjusts microphone gain based on how loud you talk into the radio to ensure a consistent audio level on the receiving end.

Adaptive Windporting engages a third microphone in order to cancel out wind noise
60EMT15

Re: APX adaptive noise suppression / audio engine - user experiences

Post by 60EMT15 »

Following this as well.
alex
Administrator

Re: APX adaptive noise suppression / audio engine - user experiences

Post by alex »

If you buy the feature in a portable it does change some hardware. The speaker becomes the third mic which is used in the equation to muffle out noise. I believe it is also a higher wattage speaker. It works on both Analog and Digital. There are a couple of video's somewhere on Motorola's website which show it in action. If you do not buy the option and you buy either an XP or XE microphone then you will get the adaptive audio engine since the processing is built in to the accessory.

[edit: I was corrected by someone: The XE500 and the Si500 microphones have adaptive noise suppression. The other microphones have aggressive noise suppression. Sorry for any confusion.]
The Radio Information Board: http://www.radioinfoboard.com
Your source for information on: Harris/Ma-Comm/EFJ/RELM/Kenwood/ICOM/Thales, equipment.

Return to “APX Series Subscribers”