Mission Critical BT wireless pod - firmware update?

Covering the following Subscriber devices: APX1000/1500, APX3000, APX4000/4500, APX6000, APX6000XE, APX6500, APX7000, APX7000XE, APX7000L, APX7500, and APX8000.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

tvsjr

Mission Critical BT wireless pod - firmware update?

Post by tvsjr »

Has anyone successfully used the "APS" software to update the firmware in one of these pods? I have one - likely a very early release - that Windows simply refuses to recognize. I've tried 4 different machines, VMs, etc. so far. No dice.

Unfortunately, I need newer firmware to recognize some of the newer accessories...
d119

Re: Mission Critical BT wireless pod - firmware update?

Post by d119 »

I tried to do this once, and ended up majorly bricking the thing. If it's working properly, I really wouldn't mess with it...
tvsjr

Post by tvsjr »

That's the problem, it's not. I suspect mine is R01.00... it was bought right when they came out. I want to use one of the adapters to connect a standard 3.5mm earbud - but connecting one currently results in a rapid flash indicating "system error". The earbud adapter isn't supported until R01.03.

I ordered a replacement pod... we'll see if that fixes the problem. Such a shame - another device that works pretty damn well, except for a few little issues that add up to major failure. Typical 21st century Motorola :(
OCSD117
was RPDM313
What radios do you own?: XTL2500, APX3000, APX7000

Post by OCSD117 »

any luck with this? I loaded the APS software and downloaded the upgrade package and installed it, i think, didnt really do anything. But it doesnt show up when i click upgrade.... any help would be great!
Carlwood Lipton: [real life interview with Lipton where he recites a quote from William Shakespeare] From this day to the ending of the world we in it shall be remembered. We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.
tvsjr

Post by tvsjr »

I never could get it to recognize. Bought another, which the 3.5mm adapter works with, but the audio level is :o.

As is normal for MSI these days, great idea... poor execution.

Return to “APX Series Subscribers”