APX Long Range Bluetooth Wireless Microphone

Covering the following Subscriber devices: APX1000/1500, APX3000, APX4000/4500, APX6000, APX6000XE, APX6500, APX7000, APX7000XE, APX7000L, APX7500, and APX8000.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

NSPD
What radios do you own?: Motorola FR50!

APX Long Range Bluetooth Wireless Microphone

Post by NSPD »

I have one of these PMMN4097C Bluetooth Long Range Wireless Gareway Microphones to demo along with one of the PMMN4095A Bluetooth Microphones.

As soon as I connect the wireless mic, the APX6500 stops scanning and I only receive traffic on the selected channel. I realize that this may be by design, but is there a way to scan with the mic activated? Looking at this as a replacement for the VRSi currently use.
Jake
resqguy911

Re: APX Long Range Bluetooth Wireless Microphone

Post by resqguy911 »

What is the status of the HUB suspends scan checkbox?
"TDMA = digital and same great taste, half the bits"
NSPD

Post by NSPD »

It's checked.
Jake
tuckerm

Post by tuckerm »

Uncheck it.
Schrodinger's Radio: It is simultaneously too loud and too quiet, but you will never know which until someone transmits.
NSPD

Post by NSPD »

That was it... I feel stupid it was something that simple but it never dawned on me that the wireless mic would act like it was off-HUB. Works great!

Thanks!
Jake
crazyboy

Post by crazyboy »

Please let us know how you like this setup.
NSPD

Post by NSPD »

I like it... But.. Its not a replacement for a VRS. Definitely not for public safety use. For the public works guys that need to go less than 150 feet or so from their truck, it would work okay and could be a replacement for a portable.

I was able to attach it to the APX with the mic clip on the dashboard and walk into my office on the 2nd floor of a brick building across the street and stay linked, although it complained about being at the edge of the range. I got about the same distance in a large parking lot surrounded by other vehicles, some taller than mine.

Audio quality over Bluetooth is okay, but the further away you get sounds like analog DES audio.

All in all it has its place, but not with public safety.
Jake
crazyboy

Post by crazyboy »

NSPD wrote:I like it... But.. Its not a replacement for a VRS. Definitely not for public safety use. For the public works guys that need to go less than 150 feet or so from their truck, it would work okay and could be a replacement for a portable.

I was able to attach it to the APX with the mic clip on the dashboard and walk into my office on the 2nd floor of a brick building across the street and stay linked, although it complained about being at the edge of the range. I got about the same distance in a large parking lot surrounded by other vehicles, some taller than mine.

Audio quality over Bluetooth is okay, but the further away you get sounds like analog DES audio.

All in all it has its place, but not with public safety.
Thanks for the quick review! Was considering getting one to play around with, or to use as a RSM for the APX. Not sure it is worth it other than the coolness factor. Thanks again for the quick response.
NSPD

Post by NSPD »

The mic paired to the APX works well... The audio quality isn't the best I don't think but it does work well. The mic has a dual drop-in charger and removable battery which was my major complaint with the freelinc mics. I have two XTS freelinc mics with dead batteries that have to be soldered in to be replaced.
Jake
ME801
New User
What radios do you own?: APX8KXE, XTS5K, XTL5K

Post by ME801 »

Thanks for the quick review...we also were considering them for replacing our VRS, but based on what you said...we'll stick with our VRS and try to find $$$ to upgrade to FutureCom

Return to “APX Series Subscribers”