Apx cloning

Covering the following Subscriber devices: APX1000/1500, APX3000, APX4000/4500, APX6000, APX6000XE, APX6500, APX7000, APX7000XE, APX7000L, APX7500, and APX8000.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

jackd

Apx cloning

Post by jackd »

how do I clone my apx6000 to my apx4000 uhf 2
john delorey
sjxts3000
No Longer Registered

Re: Apx cloning

Post by sjxts3000 »

Cloning can only be done on two similar model radios with similar flashcodes.

Straight from the CPS help...
Cloning is only possible between radios with identical Model Numbers.

Only radios with compatible FLASHcodes can be cloned; "compatible FLASHcodes" refers to the target radio having a FLASHcode that is equal-to or greater-than the FLASHcode of the source radio / codeplug. “Greater-than” refers to the source codeplug’s “In Use” FLASHcode Feature Set being a sub-set of the target radio’s “Purchased” FLASHcode Feature Set.
So basically, the best you can do is drag-n-drop from one code plug to another to get most of the settings to carry over. You'll get a lot of errors when doing this from a 6000 to a 4000. Example, max Tx power isn't the same, etc.
jackd

Post by jackd »

How about dropping the channels in
john delorey
sjxts3000
No Longer Registered

Post by sjxts3000 »

jackd wrote:How about dropping the channels in
Like I said...Drag-n-drop.
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

Drag N Drop is good, especially when you are transferring specific items from one radio to another. If you're transferring pretty much everything (button configs, menu items, display settings, audio profiles, etc, etc) from one to another, the Import/Export feature is the way to do it. There are a few things I learned on the way to use it better (such as don't import the radio wide fields between a portable & mobile...messes up the power levels). If I'm working with a brand new 'blank' codeplug, before I import the 'built' codeplug export, I name all the default zones/personalities/systems/lists/emerg profiles/etc "delete". Then after importing, it's easy to go through & delete them all, leaving just the imported fields in the codeplug. Takes literally 5-10 minutes to transfer even the most complicated of codeplugs over.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.

Return to “APX Series Subscribers”