Dual Band APX 7500 ??

Covering the following Subscriber devices: APX1000/1500, APX3000, APX4000/4500, APX6000, APX6000XE, APX6500, APX7000, APX7000XE, APX7000L, APX7500, and APX8000.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Post Reply
ScannerDan
Posts: 428
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2001 4:00 pm

Dual Band APX 7500 ??

Post by ScannerDan »

My agency has dual band, Uhf, Vhf, APX 7500 with O5 control head and advanced microphone installed in the vehicles, however no one seems to know how to switch between the two bands. UHF is our primary frequency while Vhf is used for mutual aid. I have read through the APX™ Mobile Radio User Guide and I find no mention of how to switch between the bands. Any ideas??
***********************************

I hate arguing with stupid people. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
sjxts3000
No Longer Registered
Posts: 958
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:14 pm

Re: Dual Band APX 7500 ??

Post by sjxts3000 »

ScannerDan wrote:My agency has dual band, Uhf, Vhf, APX 7500 with O5 control head and advanced microphone installed in the vehicles, however no one seems to know how to switch between the two bands. UHF is our primary frequency while Vhf is used for mutual aid. I have read through the APX™ Mobile Radio User Guide and I find no mention of how to switch between the bands. Any ideas??
There is no "switching". It's automatic. When you change channels, you can change to any UHF or VHF frequency/personality. You can also have UHF and VHF personalities in a given scan list.
ScannerDan
Posts: 428
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2001 4:00 pm

Re: Dual Band APX 7500 ??

Post by ScannerDan »

[/quote] There is no "switching". It's automatic. When you change channels, you can change to any UHF or VHF frequency/personality. You can also have UHF and VHF personalities in a given scan list.[/quote]

So each personality/zone can be a combination of Uhf and Vhf frequencies? I will have to see how the codeplug is set up.

Thank you..
***********************************

I hate arguing with stupid people. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
sjxts3000
No Longer Registered
Posts: 958
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:14 pm

Re: Dual Band APX 7500 ??

Post by sjxts3000 »

ScannerDan wrote:So each personality/zone can be a combination of Uhf and Vhf frequencies?
Correct.
motorola_otaku
Posts: 1854
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:03 am

Re: Dual Band APX 7500 ??

Post by motorola_otaku »

It's easier to think of APX radios as very broadbanded single-band radios rather than true dual-band radios. For one thing dual concurrent RX isn't supported, and you can't do cross-band repeat. You can, however, mix and match frequencies in any configuration you can think of, including TX on one band and RX on another.
ScannerDan
Posts: 428
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2001 4:00 pm

Re: Dual Band APX 7500 ??

Post by ScannerDan »

motorola_otaku wrote:It's easier to think of APX radios as very broadbanded single-band radios rather than true dual-band radios. For one thing dual concurrent RX isn't supported, and you can't do cross-band repeat. You can, however, mix and match frequencies in any configuration you can think of, including TX on one band and RX on another.
You are able to scan both Uhf and Vhf channels correct?
***********************************

I hate arguing with stupid people. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
motorola_otaku
Posts: 1854
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:03 am

Re: Dual Band APX 7500 ??

Post by motorola_otaku »

ScannerDan wrote:
motorola_otaku wrote:It's easier to think of APX radios as very broadbanded single-band radios rather than true dual-band radios. For one thing dual concurrent RX isn't supported, and you can't do cross-band repeat. You can, however, mix and match frequencies in any configuration you can think of, including TX on one band and RX on another.
You are able to scan both Uhf and Vhf channels correct?
Yes. Or whatever other bands the radio is configured for.
Post Reply

Return to “APX Series Subscribers”