APX NEXT Mobile Charger ?

Discussion on the APX NEXT and NEXT XE Product Lines

Moderator: Queue Moderator

kato56

APX NEXT Mobile Charger ?

Post by kato56 »

(Posted this on the APX Subscriber Forum)
Is anyone aware if Motorola is going to manufacture a mobile charger for a APX Next Portable ? Only seen the drop in charger that comes with the radio and gang charger.
Seems like currently the only solution is getting an inverter and running the drop in charger in the vehicle.
KB2ZTX
was jsikora

Re: APX NEXT Mobile Charger ?

Post by KB2ZTX »

I have asked that question multiple times to sales guys. I would imagine if they want fire/ems to purchase they are going to need to release one.
KB2ZTX
kato56

Post by kato56 »

i suggested taking the NEXT AC drop-in charger and running it in the vehicle with an inverter until Motorola decides to make a single mobile drop-in. I'm not familiar with the ION radios whether the foot print is similar and maybe Motorola will make a charger for it.
kato56

Post by kato56 »

I ended up bypassing the inverter route and connecting the NEXT charger to my cigarette lighter directly. The DC requirements for the NEXT charger is 14.5 vdc @ 2.5 amps
kato56

Post by kato56 »

Forgot to mention that I heard Motorola will possibly be releasing a mobile NEXT charger later this year (September 2022)
com501
What radios do you own?: Over 50 - All Motorola

Post by com501 »

....if they can get chips.....
kato56

Post by kato56 »

Got 2 Impress bank chargers, still hoping to get the mobile chargers later this year. I'm using my desktop charger velcroed in my vehicle with a cigarette lighter plug for now.

Return to “APX NEXT”