Unitrol 131 flasher

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

JCC419
New User
What radios do you own?: Motorola Ge

Unitrol 131 flasher

Post by JCC419 »

I have a old unitrol wig wag flasher that i will be installing and i'm looking for anyone who has one thats fimular with the wiring on these and has instructions or knows possibly were to find them
Jim202

Re: Unitrol 131 flasher

Post by Jim202 »

JCC419 wrote:I have a old unitrol wig wag flasher that i will be installing and i'm looking for anyone who has one thats fimular with the wiring on these and has instructions or knows possibly were to find them

I use to use those in all my vehicles way back when. Been probably 25 years since I last installed one. Can't remember the terminal board positions. You need one wire to ground from the frame of the metal box if you don't mount it on the vehicle metal. One wire comes from a switched +12 volts. Then there was two wires that would go to the headlight high beam wiring under the hood. Most of my installs were on Fords, so I used the green wire that fed the high beams.

On the drivers side was the wiring harness just behind the headlight. I would follow the wire back from the drivers headlight until I found the splice that went over to the passenger side. I would cut the wire that fed the passenger side and splice in a wire to go back into the dash area. I also would splice a wire in onto the wire that I just cut that came from the drivers side. This also was run back to the dash area. I made those two wires a different color so I could identify which one came from which side.

When you have it wired correctly, if you turn on the high beam lights, the flasher stops and both headlights will be on high.
Jim
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Post by FireCpt809 »

You may not be even able to install it. What kind of vehicle?
resqguy911

Post by resqguy911 »

JCC419 wrote:I have a old unitrol wig wag flasher that i will be installing and i'm looking for anyone who has one thats fimular with the wiring on these and has instructions or knows possibly were to find them

I hate to link to other boards but: http://elightbars.org/f18/unitrol-131-w ... her-30256/
"TDMA = digital and same great taste, half the bits"
Jim202

Post by Jim202 »

resqguy911 wrote:

I hate to link to other boards but: http://elightbars.org/f18/unitrol-131-w ... her-30256/

That is the info that I couldn't find on my old computer. Glad someone else has it. They work well.

Jim

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”