FireCom Headset w/CDM1250

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

jchabalie
New User
What radios do you own?: CDM1250, HT1250's

FireCom Headset w/CDM1250

Post by jchabalie »

We have dual wireless FireCom headsets wired into a CDM1250 in our rescue truck (2010 Pierce Velocity). We also have an external speaker mounted in the back of the cab for our crew to be able to hear the radio traffic. The problem is when using the headsets, even with the headset volume turned all the way up, we have to have the radio volume turned up to be able to hear adequately (in the headset). This results in the audio coming from the remote speaker to be excessively loud for the crew in the back of the truck. Anyone have any ideas how to either A) increase the headset volume without blowing the ears out of our crew in the back or B) reduce the output volume of the external speaker so it sorta equalizes out between the headsets and the speaker so the volume is at a comfortable level?
escomm
Queue Moderator

Re: FireCom Headset w/CDM1250

Post by escomm »

What pins on the accessory connector are you using to pull the headset audio from? I assume the external speaker is a standard Motorola?
jchabalie
New User
What radios do you own?: CDM1250, HT1250's

Post by jchabalie »

I'm not sure if the pins off the top of my head without looking, but yes the speaker is Motorola.
2wayguy
Batboard $upporter

Post by 2wayguy »

Adjust the receive audio input on the Firecom unit. Follow the interface cable back the box it hooks into with the 9 pin connector and you will find the adjustment pots there.
Bizkitjmd1
What radios do you own?: nothing analog

Post by Bizkitjmd1 »

Make sure that the audio pins being used on the CDM are the discriminator audio out. I believe it is pins 11 and 1. I could be wrong

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”