2012 PI vs CIV

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

KB2ZTX
was jsikora

2012 PI vs CIV

Post by KB2ZTX »

So I am in search of a console for a CIV version of the PI. Floor shift of course. Searched Jotto and Havis with no luck. Some departments are buyign the CIV version for unmarked but want consoles. Anyone done any yet ?
KB2ZTX
spectragod
What radios do you own?: FPP 6 meter XTL 5K's

Re: 2012 PI vs CIV

Post by spectragod »

jsikora wrote:So I am in search of a console for a CIV version of the PI. Floor shift of course. Searched Jotto and Havis with no luck. Some departments are buyign the CIV version for unmarked but want consoles. Anyone done any yet ?
I don't believe so, the ones I have worked on have gotten HHCH sirens/lighting controllers and HHCH radios.
Kilgore: Smell that? You smell that?
Lance: What?
Kilgore: Napalm, son. Nothing in the world smells like that.
Kilgore: I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

Post by RFguy »

Have you tried Gamber Johnson?
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Post by FireCpt809 »

Are you looking for a console for a Explorer or taurus? Those are the regular production models . For the Explorer Havis , jotto desk , Lund makes one. Taurus I am not aware of any.
KB2ZTX
was jsikora

Post by KB2ZTX »

Taurus...no luck as of yet
KB2ZTX
kossuth

Post by kossuth »

I'm kinda kicking a dead thread here, but did you try Odyssey Consoles? I have no personal experience with them but I see that they make consoles for various SUVs and such that by default have console shifters. http://www.odysseyauto.com/cabinets/consoles1.html Maybe they have something not listed on the web or would be willing to make something for you depending. Worth a shot.
tvsjr

Post by tvsjr »

jsikora wrote:So I am in search of a console for a CIV version of the PI. Floor shift of course. Searched Jotto and Havis with no luck. Some departments are buyign the CIV version for unmarked but want consoles. Anyone done any yet ?
Doesn't help you... but doesn't Ford offer a street appearance package for the PI, as they always did for the Vic? Agencies should be buying those... they look like civvy rides from the outside, but would still let you use a console inside.
jmr061
was KB9KST

Post by jmr061 »

Ill double check bit I believe those have the console even though it is shift on the column. Still had an oem console. I did an install on one.

Jason
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Post by FireCpt809 »

KB9KST wrote:Ill double check bit I believe those have the console even though it is shift on the column. Still had an oem console. I did an install on one.

Jason
that is correct. they have a steel plate where the console shifter would go... We had a department buy 2 of those by mistake.. We had to buy the correct trim and remove the console.. Once you do that you can bolt in a floor plate to mount the radio console.

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”