2019 Ford Edge: centre console replacement?

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

videonerd
What radios do you own?: Little Tikes walkie-talkie

2019 Ford Edge: centre console replacement?

Post by videonerd »

Has anyone done an install for the current generation of Ford Edges? I think 2015-2019. I'm looking to replace the centre console with a Havis-or-like console for radios and scanners and was wondering how much space is available.

The 2019 that i'm getting has an electronic shifter so it should help by theoretically being able to be relocated, but the car won't get delivered for another couple months. Looking to void the warranty. :lol:
spectragod
What radios do you own?: FPP 6 meter XTL 5K's

Re: 2019 Ford Edge: centre console replacement?

Post by spectragod »

You may want to look at the console that’s made for the fusion.
Kilgore: Smell that? You smell that?
Lance: What?
Kilgore: Napalm, son. Nothing in the world smells like that.
Kilgore: I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

Post by ve3nsv »

Does it have the panoramic moon roof in it? If so, there is zero roof area for antennas.

I own a 2018 Ford Edge Sport.
videonerd
What radios do you own?: Little Tikes walkie-talkie

Post by videonerd »

No, it won't have the moon roof! That was definitely a no-no.

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”