Where's all this stuff gonna fit?

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Primesite

Where's all this stuff gonna fit?

Post by Primesite »

Just got notified that I need to surrender my work truck (96 Tahoe) at the end of the month, due to mileage.
What stinks is that I'm not getting a new truck - that would be too easy.

My boss, in his intimate knowledge of what I do and his unquestionable wisdom, has decided that I don't need a 'like replacement'.

Bye bye 4wd, high clearance, v8 power and a big roof for antennas.

Hello 2000 Ford Contour, with 47K miles on it from a recent retiree. :evil:

Haven't seen the little POS yet, but every Contour I've ever seen has a floor mounted shifter with a console.

Anybody got a clue how I can fit 2 model III MCS & 2 model C7 spectra's, plus a hard kit for the nextel, into this crackerjack box?

I know the drawers will fit in the trunk OK, and I guess I can figure out 4 antennas on the roof & deck lid. Its the control heads that have me stumped.

Don't get me wrong - I'm glad I still have a job, what with all the downsizing going on around here. I just wish the REMF's and BOA's would stop trying to tell me how to do my job better...
apco25
What radios do you own?: APX / Astro 25 / Harris

Post by apco25 »

WE put 3 Spectra A7 heads in a contour SVT recently with some custom brackets out of stainless steel for the heads and trays. I'll post links to the pics again..
"Some men just don't know their limitations"
HoleInOne

Post by HoleInOne »

apco25
Posted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:46 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WE put 3 Spectra A7 heads in a contour SVT recently with some custom brackets out of stainless steel for the heads and trays. I'll post links to the pics again
Here I think this is what you were talking about!!!

http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.p ... highlight=
ThE HoLe In OnE mAn
Tech225

Post by Tech225 »

I know what REMF's are,(Rear Echelon XX), but what are BOA's?
motor59
Batboard $upporter

Post by motor59 »

Tech225 wrote:I know what REMF's are,(Rear Echelon XX), but what are BOA's?
Back Office A**holes
"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. "
440roadrunner

Post by 440roadrunner »

Well, you could always take a completely different approach.

If you REALLY DO need a "high clearance 4 x 4" for your job, then it shouldn't be too tough to get the "new" one high centered a couple of times, and needing a tow truck. hmmmmmm.
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

Take the front passanger seat out, and build a custom console.

Though, that might not be practical.
My boss, in his intimate knowledge of what I do and his unquestionable wisdom, has decided that I don't need a 'like replacement'.
Yeah, I've never come across this one... :roll:

-Alex

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”