Motorola Fuse Holder

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Tech225

Motorola Fuse Holder

Post by Tech225 »

Just got a new CM200 today. The dealer said he was going to upgrade the fuse holder because they had been having problems with the stock fuse holders that come with the radio. I have several 1225's with the same power lead and no problems so far. Anyone else run into this yet?
chartofmaryland
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: Alot

Post by chartofmaryland »

Any reason as to why on the upgrade?

Doesn't make sense since they have been using the same leads for quite some time now.

CoM
If the lights are out when you leave the station and then come on the second you key up, you know you have enough power.
Tech225

Post by Tech225 »

He just said that they had been having problems. I'll look into it further next time I see him. I have always had very good service out of the stock ones, so I don't get it. I also don't fully understand why he didn't send the "better" fuse holder with the radio, instead of dropping it off later.
Alan

Post by Alan »

We have installed thousands of Motorola radios. Ever since the Maxtrac first came out they have used the in-line blade type fuse holder. There was a change to it about 7 years ago.
I have NEVER seen a faulty one.

What did he "upgrade the fues holder to? What does it look like?
Tech225

Post by Tech225 »

I haven't received the replacement yet. He dropped off the antenna he forgot the first time, but I didn't get a chance to talk to him. I will find out what he's talking about at the first oppurtunity.

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”