radio install in 05 impalla

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

joparka

radio install in 05 impalla

Post by joparka »

this is my install in a 05 impalla X2 spectras remote head 1 vhf 1 uhf CB :) lol gps roof mount for laptop code 3 rls hl strobes and flashers fog light strobes tail light flashers and strobes red and clear dash light red led near mirror arrow stick with X2 drop down red/clear led lights and my own wire trayImage
ImageImageImage i want this car ImageImage
Pimpala03
What radios do you own?: M1225, HT100, P1225, etc

Post by Pimpala03 »

Just curious why you have 2 six head strobe power supplies and are only using 6 out of the total 12 outlets...

Looks nice though.
In God we trust. Everyone else, we run through NCIC, Thinkstream, and III.
kbmp0992
Batboard $upporter

Post by kbmp0992 »

How are the control heads and the siren controller mounted? I see a lot of Velcro...
fineshot1

Post by fineshot1 »

What brand/model & where did you get that equipment mounting shelf?
Nice job. I have a 2000 LS model and would like to find that shelf.
fineshot1
NJ USA
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Post by FireCpt809 »

what is the opticom emmitter attached to
Conundrum

Post by Conundrum »

fineshot1 wrote:What brand/model & where did you get that equipment mounting shelf?
Nice job. I have a 2000 LS model and would like to find that shelf.
I also would like to know what kind of trunk tray that is.
thebigphish
What radios do you own?: AM/FM

Post by thebigphish »

he says it's his own...so my guess would be plywood...pics aren't enough to see the grain to see if it is.
PhillyPhoto
was LuiePL
What radios do you own?: XTS5000, APX2000

Post by PhillyPhoto »

Got any exterior shots of the car?
Pimpala03 wrote:Just curious why you have 2 six head strobe power supplies and are only using 6 out of the total 12 outlets...

Looks nice though.
Looks like one is 60 watts the one using 4 is 90 watts, maybe he doesn't want as much power for 2 lights?
FireCpt809 wrote:what is the opticom emmitter attached to
Third button up top on the Code3 controller
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Post by FireCpt809 »

What light head is the opticom attached to?
Bob

Post by Bob »

LuiePL wrote:
Pimpala03 wrote:Just curious why you have 2 six head strobe power supplies and are only using 6 out of the total 12 outlets...
Looks like one is 60 watts the one using 4 is 90 watts, maybe he doesn't want as much power for 2 lights?
Or perhaps it so he can run a different pattern or so he can run 2x2x2 instead of 4x2.
joparka

Post by joparka »

sorry bout the long delay the board is a black plastic 3/4 inch thick then custone to fit the trunk plywood would hold in moisture so did not use it the optocom is hooked up in to my lower fog left side light it work from a good 5 city blocks away the power supply issue the more heads u have on the power supply the less power it produces i wanted the lighting to be bright and i have a 90 way to replace the 60 but never got the chance i have a 1/4 in thick aluminum piece of flat stock to hold up controls yes i do have the thick plastic velcro there but it was wwhen i had it in my pickup never took it off i say i am lazy on that one but hey i will get some out side video night and day
davkenrem
What radios do you own?: STX, Spectra, Maxtrac, MTS2000

Re: reply

Post by davkenrem »

joparka wrote:sorry bout the long delay the board is a black plastic 3/4 inch thick then custone to fit the trunk plywood would hold in moisture so did not use it the optocom is hooked up in to my lower fog left side light it work from a good 5 city blocks away the power supply issue the more heads u have on the power supply the less power it produces i wanted the lighting to be bright and i have a 90 way to replace the 60 but never got the chance i have a 1/4 in thick aluminum piece of flat stock to hold up controls yes i do have the thick plastic velcro there but it was wwhen i had it in my pickup never took it off i say i am lazy on that one but hey i will get some out side video night and day
Punctuation and capitalization are your friends!!

Sorry bout the long delay. The board is a black plastic 3/4 inch thick then custom to fit the trunk. Plywood would hold in moisture so did not use it. The optocom is hooked up in to my lower fog, left side light it, works from a good 5 city blocks away. The power supply issue, the more heads you have on the power supply, the less power it produces. I wanted the lighting to be bright and I have a 90w to replace the 60w but never got the chance. I have a 1/4 in thick aluminum piece of flat stock to hold up controls. Yes I do have the thick plastic velcro there but it was wwhen I had it in my pickup, never took it off . I say I am lazy on that one, but hey. I will take some outside video , night and day.[/b]

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”