havis console for 08 chevy TB Anyone this before?

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

giguchan
1 Warning for RSS/CPS Wanted/For Sale/Links
What radios do you own?: CDM 1550's UHF/VHF HT1550'S

havis console for 08 chevy TB Anyone this before?

Post by giguchan »

Hello all,
I am wondering has anyone ever used this console before?I have never installed a console before just gonna put 2 cdm's in it. I would like to ask if this box is capapable of the radios as one unit(not as a 2 piece unit).It looks like some kind of dremeling or cutting will need to be done seems like it should not be that hard of a job.I am just looking to see if anyone has done it before.
http://www.havis.com/products/CON_VS_13 ... 32-65.html

Thanks.
Radios by Fisher-Price? Never!!!
I use /\/\otorola!!
Cheers
73, de'N2GIG
thomsoningreen
New User
What radios do you own?: I use all of Motorola's Lines.

Re: havis console for 08 chevy TB Anyone this before?

Post by thomsoningreen »

Each mount when ordered can have custom made cut outs for various radios. If you have the console already call Havis shield directly and see how much the custom cut outs are. But that box should be big enough. I have used Havis sheild consoles before and was able to install a front mount MCS2000 in one.
Network Communications Integrator (NC)
To key or not to key, that depends on the traffic.
tvsjr

Post by tvsjr »

It looks to me like it uses standard Havis faceplates, which are only custom in a very loose sense. It's not like you have to pull the console and ship it back to them to have it machined...
giguchan

Post by giguchan »

Hello all,
Thanks for the information... I am still on the fence about this..I 'll have to remove(permanetly) a good part of the factory console and from the looks of the instructions i will loose the rear controls for the HVAC ETC... I mean i just need the 2 cutouts for the cdm's and MAYBE a scanner..(another chassis mount in the roof oh yeah...)

Can i do this in "2 piece mode" or would it be better to re assemble the radios to make them One again? I mean it would certainly be a little quicker to mount just One complete radio rather than the head and THEN the brick in the rear hatch..

Thanks for the Asistance
I use /\/\otorola!!
Cheers
73, de'N2GIG
giguchan

Post by giguchan »

I have been on to Havis and know all the information that i need to to get this done. I'll start this shorly and by that time my Box should be here. I had to use a Local dist. as always when finnished i'll post pictures.. wont be anything special.
Anyone wanna help?
I use /\/\otorola!!
Cheers
73, de'N2GIG

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”