ChargeGuard, Lind or Copeland

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Cam
Batboard $upporter

ChargeGuard, Lind or Copeland

Post by Cam »

Which one (or even one I didn't list do you guys like). I have one of the Linds coming just because I needed to order a few more power supplies and putting one of those down with the order was no big deal. I see that the ChargeGuards look much different but I never used one of the old ones so I'm just going on looks.

What do you guys us? What are the plus and negatives of the ones you have tried?

The first use and test vehicle is a utility construction foreman/supervisor truck. These trucks have are set up about how you would think;
Toughtbook 29 or 30
UHF radio (most are Kenwood TK-8180)
a charger for a portable (almost all are HT1250)
some kind of lightbar, newer are Whelen R2 LED's, older trucks have a mixed bag
four corner strobe system or a waterproof two head power supply behind one taillight with two strobes in the taillights
Any number of worklights, most have two to four

Everything is hot all the time other the radio which is wired for ign.

I don't really see retrofitting this other then to test out a few. After I pick one I plan on just having them added a new trucks are built.

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”