CDM install in Polaris 'golf cart'

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

AEC
No Longer Registered

CDM install in Polaris 'golf cart'

Post by AEC »

One of the oddest installs has to be this Polaris ORV(Off Road Vehicle) for lack of its real name.
I had to fabricate a steel sheet to fit onto the roof of this 'thing' and route the feed down the pillars to the radio.
The antenna was simple to drill, but I had to silicone the entire thing(no holes) to the roof, using both, silicone and butyl rubber)
Aside from the time cutting the sheet for the groundplane, the remainder of the install was simple and straightforward.
Here's the result:
http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/2108/p1260047.jpg
Jim202

Re: CDM install in Polaris 'golf cart'

Post by Jim202 »

AEC wrote:One of the oddest installs has to be this Polaris ORV(Off Road Vehicle) for lack of its real name.
I had to fabricate a steel sheet to fit onto the roof of this 'thing' and route the feed down the pillars to the radio.
The antenna was simple to drill, but I had to silicone the entire thing(no holes) to the roof, using both, silicone and butyl rubber)
Aside from the time cutting the sheet for the groundplane, the remainder of the install was simple and straightforward.
Here's the result:
http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/2108/p1260047.jpg

Good install, but your not alone. Many agencies have radios installed in ATV and golf carts. Like you have done, the antenna can be the hardest problem to overcome. Even have many with LED light bars and sirens installed. They make a great vehicle for parades that allow the EMS people to get around fast. They can go where a normal vehicle can't and get there much faster than trying to run with all sorts of medical equipment.

Jim

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”