havis console questions.

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

kb2crk
What radios do you own?: Astro Spectra Spectra Maratrac

havis console questions.

Post by kb2crk »

Or just questions about consoles in general.
the first question is about the mounting plates.
Are they interchangeable or are they limited by brand or specific type of console?
would a jotto faceplate work in a havis console with minimal modifications?
would it be easier to home brew a faceplate?
where would the best place to look for faceplates for a havis consolidator?

Thanks
paul
just call me dos impaired.... lol
motorola_otaku

Re: havis console questions.

Post by motorola_otaku »

Jotto and Troy faceplates are interchangeable. Havis is not. If you try to use a Jotto/Troy faceplate in a Havis console it will be too narrow.

Dan (ka8ypy) can order anything from the Havis catalog; just shoot him a message.
smokeybehr
What radios do you own?: Dozens. Want one? Email me.

Post by smokeybehr »

The difference between the Havis and Jotto/Troy faceplates is about 1/8". The holes are about 1/16" wider on the Havis.

I just learned this when test fitting my Troy faceplates to the Havis console that I just acquired.
No, I will not fix your computer. Call back during NORMAL business hours.
kb2crk

Post by kb2crk »

So I could take my havis console, cut 1/8 and inch out of the middle and weld it back up again so the troy/jotto stuff would work.... sounds easy enough....lol
motorola_otaku

Post by motorola_otaku »

Or you could just order the correct Havis faceplates, instead of doing it the hard way? :lol:

I don't recall there being a significant price difference between Jotto and Havis hardware.. in fact IIRC Jotto faceplates are more expensive.
kb2crk

Post by kb2crk »

I was just being a wiseass.... i have some face plates on the way that i got off ebay but the seller did not know if they were havis or troy. they were cheap enough. i am still waiting for one i purchased here two months ago that i know fits but that seller seems to be hiding now.
kb2crk

Post by kb2crk »

well the faceplates i got off of ebay were listed as troy but fit my havis perfectly.
they did have in the description that they were unsure if they were havis or troy so now i have more maxtrac mounts than i can use...lol.
sglass
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: sonic screwdriver

Post by sglass »

kb2crk wrote:well the faceplates i got off of ebay were listed as troy but fit my havis perfectly.
they did have in the description that they were unsure if they were havis or troy so now i have more maxtrac mounts than i can use...lol.
What other mounts do you need?

Seth
kb2crk

Post by kb2crk »

as of right now i am trying to figure out what i can fit in the console. i may be looking for one or two for an a7 maratrac head and dek. it all depends on how many maxtracs i plan to squeeze in. I have some measuring to do tomorrow when im not at work.
sglass
Batboard $upporter

Post by sglass »

kb2crk wrote:as of right now i am trying to figure out what i can fit in the console. i may be looking for one or two for an a7 maratrac head and dek. it all depends on how many maxtracs i plan to squeeze in. I have some measuring to do tomorrow when im not at work.
ah those I dont have
sorry man.

If you go with a remote or dash mount spectra, i have brackets.

Seth
kb2crk

Post by kb2crk »

I have one dash mount spectra but i may use it as a base radio. my remote mount spectra is an a3. from what i have heard the a9 head spectra remote is the same size, shape and mounting as the a7 maratrac.
sglass
Batboard $upporter

Post by sglass »

kb2crk wrote:I have one dash mount spectra but i may use it as a base radio. my remote mount spectra is an a3. from what i have heard the a9 head spectra remote is the same size, shape and mounting as the a7 maratrac.
it is but the brackets i have are for your a4/5/7

if you can use them, I can send it out...Im me if you want

Seth

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”