Installing Astro Saber AVA Need Parts alternative

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

WCHija
What radios do you own?: XPR 7550 & XPR 5550

Installing Astro Saber AVA Need Parts alternative

Post by WCHija »

I recently bought an AVA off ebay. It came in the suitcase set up to run on A/C power. Its very clean and is an SP03 model with display mic. I want to remove just the AVA from the case, in case I decide to use it as a portable base. I need a power cable and mounting bracket among other things. The maounting bracket in the case is integral to the case and can not be removed. I posted in the for sale forum looking for the parts to buy. No luck there.

So my question is are there any other brackets that will fit the AVA? I have tried some that I have laying around with no luck.

Any suggestions on an alternative power cord?

Any help is appreciated.
Semper Fidelis

Some Cops are Perfect, the rest ride in patrol cars!
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Re: Installing Astro Saber AVA Need Parts alternative

Post by FireCpt809 »

the plug is a 4 pin molex .. Some hard drives used them for power connectors and Kodiak CF27-29 docking stations used the same plug. I may have one at my shop in my Junk box.

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”