2007 Chevy Impala Onstar Antenna

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

njemt7212

2007 Chevy Impala Onstar Antenna

Post by njemt7212 »

I'm hoping this fits here. Im trying to use google to find the answer but all I keep seeing are GM Trucks. Im looking for a way to remove my onstar antenna on a 2007 Chevy Impala. My plans are to reuse the hole to install a VHF antenna. I dont wanna drill and I already have a trunk mount but performance is okay on it and not the best.

any help is greatly appreciated.
motorola_otaku

Re: 2007 Chevy Impala Onstar Antenna

Post by motorola_otaku »

Removing the antenna should be as easy as dropping the headliner, but the opening might not be a 3/4'' round hole.

Are you planning on retaining OnStar capability (i.e. moving the antenna) or doing away with it entirely?
njemt7212

Post by njemt7212 »

Plan on doing away with entirely.
Spiffy50

Post by Spiffy50 »

I'd have a double check at the hole the OnStar antenna uses. I replaced one on a 2009 GM and the hole wasn't round, it was square with a red cross style shape if that makes sense.

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”