sources for good mounts/install supplies?

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

theplague

sources for good mounts/install supplies?

Post by theplague »

I'm wondering where all everyone here buys their vehicle mounts for things like control heads etc that aren't mounted in a console? There was someplace that came highly recommended from batlabs but I cannot for the life of me find the link. Im looking for a gooseneck mount for a car phone control head. While we are visiting this topic where does everyone here buy their vehicle install supplies at? (wires connectors etc)
Thanks!
RFguy

Re: sources for good mounts/install supplies?

Post by RFguy »

theplague wrote:While we are visiting this topic where does everyone here buy their vehicle install supplies at? (wires connectors etc)
Thanks!
Waytek
www.waytekwire.com
theplague

Post by theplague »

Awesome ill check them out.
Jim202

Post by Jim202 »

theplague wrote:I'm wondering where all everyone here buys their vehicle mounts for things like control heads etc that aren't mounted in a console? There was someplace that came highly recommended from batlabs but I cannot for the life of me find the link. Im looking for a gooseneck mount for a car phone control head. While we are visiting this topic where does everyone here buy their vehicle install supplies at? (wires connectors etc)
Thanks!

You might try looking at Hutton Electronics and Tessco. They are both a large warehouse operation that carry a multitude of different vendor selections.

Jim
tvsjr

Post by tvsjr »

Hutton screwed over the little guy a while back. I used to prefer them since they were local and I could get stuff same-day... not so much. Tessco still takes care of their smaller customers.

Interstate Wire & Cable is my preference for wire/cable/heatshrink/etc. as they're local and will deal with small customers.
Del City is good for lots of other wiring accessories.
Funny as it may sound, I have an account with Metra Electronics (car audio), as they have lots of handy widgets for big smoke power distribution.
Parts Express has some good stuff at times.
Of course, Mouser and Digikey for components, switches, etc.
GPSCity.com is a good source for RAM Mount parts and pieces... if you're looking for all sorts of specialized mounts, they have good stuff.

I'm sure I'll think of more...

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”