moducom

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

DAL-COM

moducom

Post by DAL-COM »

Has anyone here had experience with Moducom dispatch consoles or systems? I would like to hear about it.
Thanks.....
"depending on your point of view, either the changing magnetic flux makes the electric field, or the changing electric flux makes the magnetic field- but you can't have one without the other"
arlojanis

Post by arlojanis »

If that is the old, long console from the 70's, I have two in storeage and might recall a little about them. I also might have a manual and card extender.
"The world runs on radio."
xmo

Post by xmo »

"...the old, long console from the 70's..."

That would be Modcom, but I think what he is asking about is Moducom:

http://www.moducom.com/
What radios do you own?: W7 FPP lowband MaraTrac w/AES

Post by 007 »

What do you want to know? I'm sitting in front of it here at work...
Do not make Sig angry...he'll just keep ringing the bell.
DAL-COM

Post by DAL-COM »

Does the Moducom unit control radios and paging encoders using hardware (switches, buttons) like the old Zetron 4000? Or do you have a touch-screen as input to a SW application that is sending commands to a system out back somewhere?
The idea being to move all the hardware except PCs and screens out of the dispatch room.
What model do you have, how old and has it been reliable?
"depending on your point of view, either the changing magnetic flux makes the electric field, or the changing electric flux makes the magnetic field- but you can't have one without the other"
What radios do you own?: W7 FPP lowband MaraTrac w/AES

Post by 007 »

The short story:

All radios, phones etc. are interfaced thru a console PC under the desk, and the physical hardware is mounted in the back room.

A crude diagram is:

Touchscreen --> PC <-- Equip. Interface units --> PC <--back room

All the crap is in our equipment room: Master III's, microwave, voter, phones, digital recorder etc.....all interfaced thru modules in the back room into the master PC's in back that network to PC's under the desk for the 2 touchscreens.

I'll get you the particulars tomorrow, as I'm out the door now...
Do not make Sig angry...he'll just keep ringing the bell.

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”