CentraCom II plus paging timing adjustment

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Alan

CentraCom II plus paging timing adjustment

Post by Alan »

Does anyone know if it is possible to adjust the pre-key time on the QCII paging timing?
We have added another link at the end of a 2-hop system and i am finding that the "A" tone is being clipped.
I have gone through the RSS and the only thing I can find is related to the MDC1200 timing on the signalling BIM.
It is a conventional system but I believe it has TOMI's for the operator positions.
The positions are buttons and LEDS.

Thanks,

Alan
xmo

Post by xmo »

If you are using tone remote keying, go to the BIM configuration screen and select 'Y' for K170 "Extended Tone Control". That option will lengthen the initial high guard tone, thereby allowing more time for the link to come up.

Even if you are keying with relay control, you can simultaneously have tone control selected and the paging process will not begin until the tone remote sequence is complete.

Otherwise, all paging format timing is controlled by parameters burned into the BIM firmware. These can be changed on an SP basis. Contact the System Support Center at 1-800-448-3245. They will send you forms to fill out with the timing changes you need. The cost to make an SP tone/timing BIM PROM used to be around $500.
Alan

Post by Alan »

It is DC control.
We have local link base stations with DC adapters on them.

Thanks, Alan
xmo

Post by xmo »

You can program the console for both tone and DC keying on the same channel. That would give you the delay you require, but you would need a 2175 notch filter in the outbound path so the low level guard tone isn't transmitted.

Otherwise you are left with the SP firmware solution.
Alan

Post by Alan »

I have found that all the manuals state a 800 ms pre-key is standard.
I have measured the timming on our system and there is a 100 ms time between when DC is applied to the line and when the "A" tone starts.
We don't seem to have the full 800 ms pre-key.

Any other idea's out there?

Thanks again.

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”