FCC Licensing Help!

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

MSDAK9

FCC Licensing Help!

Post by MSDAK9 »

The Michigan Search Dog Association other wise know as MSDA is an all volunteer staffed non profit association that is currently forming. Our primary purpose is to provide trained FEMA Certified canine search teams to local, state and federal governmental agencies during times of disaster.

We are in need of individuals who have knowledge in obtaining FCC licensing for emergency service communications within the privet land mobile sector. In order for us to provide the highest level of first responder K9 response search services to the citizens of Michigan we are seeking approval for high power mobiles in the VHF band with mobile vehicle repeaters and low power handheld radios in UHF bands.

Currently MSDA is being formed and there is no monies available to cover the four to seven hundred dollar licensing coordination fees quoted to us. Any one who has experience in filling out FCC Licensing forms, is wiling to volunteer there expertise's in preparing the appropriate paperwork and/or would be willing to act as an liaison and over see the process is ask to contact the Michigan Search Dog Association.

Currently fewer than 150 FEMA Certified disaster search teams exist in the United States. Since the events of September 11th. 2001 the President of the United States along with the Homeland Security and Protect Act are currently calling for 300 teams nation wide. To the best of our research, there are currently no FEMA Certified disaster search teams within Michigan. Our goal is to bring together individuals who share our vision and anyone who can contribute. Please visit our web site or contact me for more information.

Sincerely Yours

Bradley J. Hazel - Founder
Michigan Search Dog Association
P.O. Box 15
Davison Michigan 48423
eFax: 561-423-3267
bradhazel@hotmail.com
http://www.MichiganSearchDogAssociation.org
Wowbagger
Aeroflex

Why PMR? Why not amateur?

Post by Wowbagger »

The local search dog teams here in Kanas have a large percentage of the people licenses as amateur operators - why is that NOT an option for you?

The cost of training your people, getting them their licenses, and then the equipment is BOUND to be much less than going PMR. Also, setup for emergency work would be a great deal easier for ham gear than for commercial gear.
This is my opinion, not Aeroflex's.

I WILL NOT give you proprietary information. I make too much money to jeopardize my job.

I AM NOT the Service department: You want official info, manuals, service info, parts, calibration, etc., contact Aeroflex directly, please.
techie
Batboard $upporter

Post by techie »

Please see the active discussion in the General Discussion forum.

http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.php?t=25274

Moderators: can we lock this topic, and redirect?
-- Welcome My Son, Welcome To The Machine --
Bob Vaughan | techie@tantivy.net
AF6RR | P.O.Box 19792, Stanford, Ca 94309
-- I am Me, I am only Me, And no one else is Me, What could be simpler? --
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

Sure.

please:

Only post your query in one forum. THis prevents this problem from happening, and I'm sorry one of us didn't nip it in the bud sooner.

If it's in the wrong forum, we'll move it as we see fit.

Thanks.

-Alex

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”